Raising a Banner Back - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raising a Banner Back

In the midst of a game today, we came across a rather strange situation. I was playing Dwarfs as my opponent was playing VC.

At the end of a round of Thunderer shooting, my opponent had to choose between losing his Black Knight Champion or Bannerman. He opted to lose the banner. The following turn, he charged 7" into my troops. His magic phase had his casting Invocation on the Black Knight to try to restore his models back.

My first question is does he get the Banner back that he lost 7" ago before he charged? It seems odd that they can lose a banner, move away from it, and then have it just appear amongst them again. The wording of the rules seem to state that he does, but this seemed a bit odd to everyone in the room. (Upon further reflection, the wording seems to be written much clearer in the TK book)

Secondly, if the first is accurate, does he just get the bannerman back or does he also get the magical banner that he carried as well?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -33 (x0)

From what I read from the description from Invocation spell is that yes you do bring back the banner man, and as far as I know since is is not creating a completely new unit it would still have the same magic banner.

I could be wrong but that's how I interpret it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

As far as I understand it does bring back the magical banner, it literally raises the models in that unit.

One way to think of it is that all the phases happen simultaneously - it's just broken down into four parts to make it easier to play. So the magic is reknitting the knights back together as the steeds charge. Not necessarily afterwards and then moving them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8people View Post
    Not necessarily afterwards and then moving them.
    It is afterwards, as the models raised do not count as charging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

I would probably say he does get it back, because the banner wasn't captured and the only way to capture a vampire counts banner is to either crumble or kill an entire unit in the same phase the banner bearer dies (from crumbling or whatever.)

+ Reply to Thread