Zombie dragon or Blood Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zombie dragon or Blood Knights

Ya I just wanted to know what people thought of what to use in a 3000 point game. I play tomb kings(shooting/magic) and a skaven (shooting/Magic) so it is the zombie dragon with the lord or a group of 5 Blood knights with the Lord and for the banner(4+ ward save towards shooting on them). There is a big difference in the points. The Knights are 400 points and the dragon 275!!

So just wanted to know what would be the best thing to us or can take the hits from the shooting and magic.

What do most people use?
    Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

note that against a shooty/magic army they will just unload on your dragon and knock your general off of it. now your army is crumbling.

hide him in the blood knights, its less dangerous for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote would be for blood knights (with proper screen of course)... the zombie dragon is just not very good at all... if you want flying, you're actually more protected on a hellsteed, as you can get a 2+ AS, 3+ ward vs. shooting, and they cannot shoot out the zombie dragon from under you.

A unit of blood knights hit really hard, and provide a rock solid protection for your lord...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my vote is for Blood Knights with your lord somewhere else. Blood knights really don't need any help and anything that will kill them your lord won't help much and be just as susceptible.

Lord on dragon plays a different role but the dragon is the week point as sad as that is. I have run a hellsteed before and it works well enough, Red Fury Dreadlance ensure enough wounds for most things. Your trading US and attacks for not being large and always having your mount.
    Last edited by apbevan; October 1st, 2009 at 16:29.

+ Reply to Thread