What are you using as Vamps? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you using as Vamps?

Personally I dislike the look of most of the vampires on the games workshop website, so I'm asking:

What do you guys use as models for your vampires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I asked this same question a few months back, I went with some reaper and Avatar of war models, here is a link to the thread I posted, if you go to the last page you will see the models I used and painted up

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...el-needed.html (New Vampire model needed.) enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm the pictures dont show, but from reading through the 2 links posted I can see some awesome models.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Part of the reason I picked a Lahmian army was because they were the only GW Vampires I actually liked the models for! But yeah, as far as GW Vampires go, aside from the Lahmia ones I haven't really been keen on any others.

I know Reaper are usually mentioned... I'm having a look through some images of minis I have on my computer, and there may be some others worth looking at...

Freebooter - I think they make a few vampires, might be worth a look...

I have Spyglass, Hasslefree and Rackham listed in my bookmarks, but I can't recall what their ranges are like...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Its one of the reasons I really like VC; you can use basically any model you want. Give it dark robes and a pale face and its a vampire!

My vampires consist of a Mordheim vampire model with arms outstretched who is a b!tch to rank up. A scratch built plastic one from elf bits and using a khorne berzerker head. That very cool WE noble with great weapon, with his leafy stuff removed. And eltharion the blind but no longer blind.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I have the models for konrad and vlad just in case I want to run either of them. I also have the winged vampire which I like except for the transformed wing, the vampire on zombie dragon, and the sartosan vampire. The sartosan vampire is my favorite because the stake makes him look unstoppable and the only problem with it is the thing around his neck.

Sartosan Vampire | Games Workshop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

I use a couple of the old ones but I don't like them that much. Personally I like the Female Vamp and Vlad so have them. If there are any character models you like from other races it's not difficult as others have said to turn into a Vampire. I am converting the new Queek model into one to replace the Vamp I use as my BSB at the moment. It's worth checking other companies, here is a few:

Wyrd*Miniatures,...

Heresy - multi-part fantasy miniatures for your dungeon

Gamezone Miniatures - Fantasy Tabletop Shop - 07 Vampire
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

I use this model most

Reaper Miniatures :: OnlineStore

I also have all of these

All the Lahmian Vamps, a few others as well

And probably more. Best thing about it, family friend was kind enough to give them to me

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Various undead, elven and chaos mortal models. More specifically HE archers and Marauders on foot + alot of random bits and pieces of TK/VC/Dark Eldar/elves/HE and WoC. What I did was pretty much chose different boxes to suit my image of the particular vampire. These boxes also give way to make convertions for the units in your army, like for example DE warriors make nice grave guards, marauders makes pretty cool knights or characters or just zombify them and make more varied zombie units.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Well looking through this thread by chance, that Gamzone mounrful knight 1 model is frickin awesome. If i ever did vampiters i'd base it around that one.

+ Reply to Thread