Necromancer protection - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necromancer protection

Hey, yesterday I played a game where I dropped my Corpse Cart Mounted Necromancer in a unit of skeletons, now the only problem I had with this was my Necromancer got smashed in the face by Orcs and then died, is there anyways to protect a necromancer so it can be in combat with the corpse cart? Or is it just better to stick him in behind?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

While it makes a cool centerpiece it also is deathtrap for your necromancer. Huge base and easier to pick out. Not a good thing for our very fragile support wizard. I tend consider everything before dropping an idea entirely, necro on a relatively slow moving monster just never seem to pan out right.

There are some who use it to claim more ranks with less models but given how quickly our infantry units die once you start losing ranks you're gonna lose them fast. So even though it might seem like a good thing it ultimately will turn out to become an unnessecary risk.

Another reason I dont put the necro on a CC is that a CC may have to go to places where you absolutely do not want your necromancer to be.

Just my 2 drops of blood.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, actually after a couple of days of thinking, I also figured out it wasn't the best Idea I have ever had (though it does look really cool and nice).

+ Reply to Thread