can fluffy armies be competitive? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

can fluffy armies be competitive?

i decided to field a army fielding konrad, mannfred the acolyte and a normal vampire the other day as a representation of part of vlads all-conquering empire invading horde. I won the game but it made me think whether fluffy armies like this could in fact be extremely powerful or not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try making a fluffy army that does not consist of special characters.

Then see how competitive it is. Konrad is considered to be one of the better special characters in the game - just think, with konrad and decking out the helping vamps in the right manner you can easily get 15-20 power dice a phase. No other army can reach that and thus the brokenness of it shows to me yet again GW didn't play test the characters. Thus moving the game back to 5th and 6th edition HeroHammer, not WarHammer.

Fluffy not taking special characters can occasionally be a winning move, more often than not no.

Just my 2cents

(as a side note, ALL tourneys in the area that I've been too have all been no special characters and i know that our local store on game night doens't permit special characters either. Once a year we have a thing called "Cheez Fest" just because of how terribly balanced special characters are)
    Last edited by Boskie43; January 7th, 2010 at 20:37.

+ Reply to Thread