Corpse Cart Rules Query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Corpse Cart Rules Query

This came up in a game yesterday, and I've decided to run it past the rest of you:
    If a Corpse Cart is serving as the mount for a Necromancer, then that Corpse Cart is eligible to join units although it may not do so normally. My question then, is what happens if the Necromancer is killed? Does the Corpse Cart stay with the unit?

The situation arose while I was playing against my friend. I had my Necro-Cart in a regiment of Skeletons, fighting against his Swordsmen. He targeted all eligible Swordsmen at the Necromancer (you may choose to target the Mount or Rider) and killed him. He went on to then win the combat. When it came time to deal out "Crumble Wounds", we couldn't decide if the Corpse Cart was now a separate regiment (it would've died) or if it was still a part of the Skeleton regiment (who could have taken the wounds in it's place).

Any thoughts? Does the Cart cease to be a part of the unit and is moved to one side, or does it remain in the unit until it moves away?

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

I would seperate it after the combat has been resolved as it was apart of the unit at the stort of the close combat phase. If someone would have to claim you must place it outside the unit instantly there is nothing that suggests you wouldn't be able to place outside the combat. It is abit of ruleslawyering but there is no reason why would have to suffer from wrong end on both occassions, ie having to suffer crumbling wounds but not be apart of the unit which was in combat.

After the combat is resolved though, the cart = stand alone unit.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

+ Reply to Thread