Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi all, I am starting a Vampire Counts Army and was wondering what do you guys use for your Vampires? The only Lord/Hero I can put up w/ is the "fly" one. Anyone use any others or have some interesting conversion ideas/pics? Thanks!
Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven
seeing as i play at the local GW, here's some of my conversion ideas that are completely built of GW bitz;
- female vampire legs w/dark elf armoured torso
- dark elf corsair bitz are always handy!
- cold one knights bitz - used alot of the torsos for my conversions
- bretonnian damsel on foot w/new paint job = instant vampire! very little conversion work as only the top of the staff is overtly bretonnian...
- one of my mounted vamps uses the legs from the lord of slaanesh on steed. torso was provided from the dark elf range!
- the high elf prince kit works pretty damn well too!
- you can still get most of the old vamps off of the online store too...
empire wizard kit is all you need!
- empire general kit + empire great swords bitz
- the new chaos knights work well, though you need to do alot of filing to get rid of all the overtly chaotic stuff!
well, anyways, i hope this helps give you a few ideas!
I personally have a Dark elf themed VC army so for me its actually quite easy to build vamps as i just pillage elf/dark elf kits and convert away, but I would agree for someone trying to stick with the general VC theme that the available models are sorta blah. Here's hoping they do a general Vampire plastic kit in the future.
Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion