Mousillon list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mousillon list?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Mousillon list?

So for those of you who are up on fluff Mousillon is a fallen section of brettonnia. Later removed from the kingdom and deemed a cursed land. So I was thinking about doing my VC up to represent the "fallen". But I was wondering what to include in such an army? Naturally Blood knights and black knights but aside from that, what do you think would be a good representation in such an army?

Thanks in advance, kind of curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use men-at-arms as graveguard. Either use some of the helmed skeleton heads to replace theirs, or cut off their noses and paint them to look like zombies. I did the same thinkg with me Dark Elf/High Elf grave guard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Regnal View Post
    You could use men-at-arms as graveguard. Either use some of the helmed skeleton heads to replace theirs, or cut off their noses and paint them to look like zombies. I did the same thinkg with me Dark Elf/High Elf grave guard.
    hhhmmmm...that sounds interesting enough to keep my army unique. The real bright side of this one is the fact i'm getting 2 armies out of it because it properly themed and can really go both ways. I actually remember the 6th ed book being able to field an army of the living, I'm just reproducing it for 7th =).

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I play an army of Bretonian vampires. Although they're not from Mousillon, perse, they are a themed force. Here's how I run the mix:

Men-at-arms / Graveguard : M@A bodies, with skeleton heads. Paint hands as though they are wearing gloves
    Pegasus Knights / Vampires on Winged Nightmares : basic Pegasus Knight kits, but with appropriate bits and paint to suggest a vampire. Also, I use these more frequently as FelBats
    Knights Errant / Black Knights : Knight box with skeleton heads
    Knights of the Realm / Blood Knights : Knight box with full helms, paint and bits to suggest elite vampires
    Relique / Wraiths : Banshee on a 40mm scenic base serves as Relique, with Wraiths as Battle Pilgrims (the banshee can come off the 40mm, to go to an appropriate VC base)
    Heroes : any mix of character models from either range

There are some things which don't translate between armies, but I play Vampires primarily, and the 'bretonian half' is just a side army. Everything not listed above, is used "as-is" within the appropriate army. The only change to the Breton models is the use of skeletal heads instead of the living heads, and the VC models get some Bret bits in turn.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a vampire converted Dark Elf army. The conversions and paint jobs are too heavy to be used as two armies however. I think if you threw down zombie black guard for a Dark Elf list, people might get upset. :p
    Last edited by Regnal; February 24th, 2010 at 14:57.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yep. That's the same problem that I have. I only have 1 regiment of M@A, that actually look like M@A. I don't have enough knights to make a large army (2 regiments of Blood/KoToR, 2 regiments of Black/KE). I have no intention of shelling out enough cash to convert bret bowmen to skeletons, or buy skeletal bowmen, as I can't use them in my VC.

It just feels funny using them as Brets as well. They are undead, which always cause at LEAST fear. But not these undead. No, they're "French" undead, and therefore aren't scary at all. I mean, they even remember how to run away!
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread