Tell Us About Your Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Tell Us About Your Army?

Hi all, now i realize that alot of people collect and play warhammer with absolutely no interest in history or background, but fluff is what this thread is all about.Do you have some story as to how your army came to be? what they are trying to achieve? where they originated from?If so, then let us know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

You should've posted this in the General Discussion section, and let people hash it out there. But I'll play along:

My Vampires started as a Blood Dragon army back when you could take a special list for it. Since then, they've evolved a bit.

Now they're led by Chatould, a vampire who was once a young Knight Errant from Carcassonne in Bretonia. The nobles of Carcassonne are given a sword at their birth, and this blade is very important to them. Chatould travelled to Araby to fight in the Errantry Wars against the Caliph Jaffar, and although he achieved great success, his sword was lost in the penultimate battle of the campaign. From then on he wandered the desert searching for his sword. He found it in the hands of a mysterious foe who turned out to be a vampire. The vampire defeated him in combat, gave him the blood kiss, and then abandoned him.
    Chatould went on to give the blood kiss to his faithful comrade and "BSB" Castille, after deceiving the knight and slaughtering his family at home in Bretonia. Castille swore revenge on the falsely accused Norsemen, and finally accepted the blood kiss as a means to continue his crusade of vengeance. Chatould of course used this, having killed Castille's family himself, and the two made their way to the North.
    Here Chatould slew the dragon which he rides to battle, whilst Castille warred with a Norse chieftain over the right to wed his bride. Chatould returned in time to steal the young maiden away from Castille, and thus Christobel, my armies general, joined the ranks of Undeath.
    Once he had returned to the desert with his new bride, Chatould was set upon once again by the Vampire who had originally gifted him the Blood Kiss. During the duel, Chatould was severely wounded and although his power increased tenfold, he is a mere husk of the warrior he once was. He has left Christobel to rule over his estate while he recovers from his injuries.

So that's my fluff in a condensed form. The army makes use of a lot of bretonian conversions (KotR Blood Knights, M@A Grave Guard) which not only save money, but also give it flavor. They are painted in a moldier version of Carassonne's red and blue livery, and based on a sand/grass mixture representing the desert's edge.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

The major reason i wanted to try and keep this army specific, was to give fresh ideas to players of the same race, whether it be colour scheme ideas or just basic ideas to newer players who intend on starting a new army.

And you my friend have come out with exactley what i was hopeing for, ty for contributing.

Lets strive for a fluffier future!
    Last edited by -The-White-Lizard-; March 17th, 2010 at 04:49.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hmm, I haven't written anything for my army in quite a while... Let's see if I can remember their backstory!

It started in Kislev with Lady Thalespa. A young noblewoman on the cusp of adulthood, she was having all of these social dinners organised by her father in the hope of finding her a suitable husband (although I've just realised things may not work like that in Kislev...). In the same city lived Madame Blaché, a somewhat eccentric noblewoman who was, in secret, a practitioner of the magic of Death. Not a Necromancer yet, though, although she had studied much Lore that was considered forbidden.

Anyway, back to Thalespa. She met a boy at one of these dinners, a certain Daanhale. Their relationship quickly blossomed in to love, and together they were very happy. Until someone paid Thalespa a visit.

They were a Vampire of course. They passed their gift, their curse, on to the young Noblewoman, who was bedridden with a terrible fever for days. When she finally came too, she was covered in blood, blood that wasn't hers, and it didn't take her long to realise what she had become.

She of course tried to hide it at first, but realised that would get her nowhere. She began investigating, researching, discovering what it was that Vampires were, delving into increasingly forbidden texts to sate her thirst for knowledge. However, rumours of the acquisition of some rather interesting Lore reached the ears of Madame Blaché; the older woman arranged for an associate of hers, Vichette, to investigate, and Vichette managed to lift one of the items from Thalespa's hands.

Thalespa, of course, wanted it back, but was caught in the process of retrieving it. Rather than turn her in, though, Madame Blaché took pity on the young Vampire, agreeing to share her knowledge with her so that Thalespa could learn all she desired. However, as Thalespa delved deeper into such forbidden knowledge, she became more like the Vampire about which she was learning. She pushed Daanhale away, even going so far as to begin a relationship (albeit a charade on her part) with another man to try and drive a wedge between them.

Madame Blaché noticed what was happening, though; that the fearful young woman was become callous and cruel, and it was Blaché that convinced Daanhale not to give up on the woman he loved. Thalespa, thinking to rid herself of Daanhale once and for all, revealed her true nature to him, but in doing so was reminded of her origins, of her humanity, of what she had forgotten.

Daanhale, of course, still stood by her. Thalespa ended the farce between herself and the other man in her life, and almost went back to being a normal noble's daughter.

Of course, the man she had rejected just happened to know a crazed witch hunter whom he convinced to attack Thalespa. It was Blaché who learnt of this first, and she raced to warn her friend, arriving just before the attack began. As they fled they were discovered, and Daanhale was killed in the fighting. Thalespa, of course, took it pretty badly, and unleashed the monster within her on those who had attacked her.

With the battle over, Blaché took Thalespa and the body of Daanhale away. At Thalespa's urging Daanhale was resurrected as a Wight, although it brought Thalespa no comfort.

And so, once they were safely hidden in a secret keep in the mountains, Thalespa concentrated once more on her research, Blaché joining her in their studies. Eventually Vichette arrived with Blaché's library, and they now spend most of their time within their mountain stronghold, emerging every once in a while on a new quest for knowledge.

And, that's about it. Sorry for the long read, I did let myself get a little carried away with the background for this army.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Thank you for contributing to my dream of a fluffier world, rep for you!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Cheers, White-Lizard!

Now all we need are a few others to get on board - surely there's more than just the two of us!

Out of interest, have you posted your fluff up anywhere, White-Lizard? You're a Lizardman player, yes? Might scoot myself over to those forums and see if I can find anything...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Indeed I have, but i lack the ability to put my ideas into story

+ Reply to Thread