Black Knights and wight kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Knights and wight kings

I can't stand the models. I'm converting a chaos warrior into a wight king BSB. So far so good. I haven't really figured out what I want to do to convert some black knights. I have old Chaos Knights, but I think that will be a huge pain and not look so good. Brits seem logical. What have you all done/seen/think would be cool?

Edit: As soon as I posted it this came up in the "Similar Threads." Guess I didn't go back far enough. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...k-knights.html (Black Knights: What models make good black knights?)

But if anyone has anything to add. I'd love to hear it.

Last edited by Burnanation; March 23rd, 2010 at 16:30.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

I used a combination of Empire Knights and Grave Guard bits. They came out pretty nice.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Largely depending on how many you want i have differnt suggestions to save both money and time.

5 or less go with plastic chaos knights and interchange bits with the GG box. These guys will look big and imposing to your oponent meaning he will either want to stay away from them or deal with them quickly, sparing the rest of your army.

5 or more either the Empire or Brettonian knights. Empire will have plate on thier horses which will fit with your White King, and the brets (which i use) look good as thier armour isnt as ornate as some of the empire stuff. Once again interchange with GG bits for full effect

I cut the legs off my Brets and put them standing on flying pegs to thier bases, and drilled out thier eyes so it looked like it was just floating barding. looks realy good even if they are seen in my local store as the "carosel" knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided to go with the old Chaos Knights seeing how they are just sitting around taking up space. Although if I had more $$ I would use new ones or brits. I might see if I can pick up one of the new ones for a mounted Wight King.

While looking for some inspiration I found this entirely way too cool VC army.

DARK DWARF - ejercito condes vampiro flipante y muy caro - Taller

Damn I wish I was that good.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

+ Reply to Thread