Black Coach Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Coach Question

So i was wondering how the magic phase works with two black coaches, or even 4 in very large games 0.0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think (although I can't base this on any text), you target a black coach and roll your dice in the pool, any that come up 6 will be sucked in by that Coach, then target the next Black Coach and use the remaining pool dice any that roll 6 would then be sucked up by that coach, and so on and so forth.

The other possibility is you ration dice out to the Coaches: i.e. generate 9 PD, so you roll 5 with one cart and 4 with the other.

Other possibility would be roll all generated PD and then ration out the successes.

This is an excellent question, although I don't think their is a definitive answer to it in any FAQ or Rulebook. And is now different since wizards don't generate their own PD.

Another Question: Does Channeling happen before or after the Black Coach Power Drain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

channeling is before i think

i think what D'yanoi said first is correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Channel first then. Each coach will roll for the dice in the pool left after the next.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So against say one of the high tier teclis lists taking 2 would be pretty solid, and against dwarves, maybe less solid? though with ward saves pretty good still there too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC Codex P47: 'If there is more than one Black Coach on the battlefield, randomly determine which Black Coach gains the benefit of each absorbed dice - each dice can only effect one Black Coach.'

Example as it was explained to me; Roll the dice in the pool. We'll say three 6s come up. Assign numbers to each black coach. We'll use two for this example, therefore 1-3 is the first black coack and 4-6 is the second. Out of your three 6s you roll a 1, 3, and 5. The first black coach gets 2 upgrades while the second only receives one. Understand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Regnal View Post
    VC Codex P47: 'If there is more than one Black Coach on the battlefield, randomly determine which Black Coach gains the benefit of each absorbed dice - each dice can only effect one Black Coach.'

Example as it was explained to me; Roll the dice in the pool. We'll say three 6s come up. Assign numbers to each black coach. We'll use two for this example, therefore 1-3 is the first black coack and 4-6 is the second. Out of your three 6s you roll a 1, 3, and 5. The first black coach gets 2 upgrades while the second only receives one. Understand?
    Ya double checked and found that when i got home yesterday, but thanks anyhow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait, so instead of rolling for the 2 pool each player got in 7th, you now roll for all of the 2d6 they get?
    woah, black coaches will become really powerful really quickly!
    Richie<3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Regnal View Post

This is the correct explaination.

I just realised my first post makes no sense, because it's missing 2 lines of text in the middle ! Accidental erase FTL!
    Last edited by Wolf_Pack; July 29th, 2010 at 01:17.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread