Best abyssal terror set up? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Best abyssal terror set up?

I figured with abyssal terrors having thunderstomp there might be a bit more room for them in my armies, as well as them giving +1 to armour saves for being mounted now. Still, the terror has practically no protection, so I wondered whether using blood drinker to restore wounds or go for the balefire spike for more killing and rely on IoN.

My set-up I'll try first is gonna be: Vampire lord, abyssal terror, red fury, walking death, infinite hatred, balefire spike and walach's bloody hauberk

"Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I really want to get a zombie dragon lord to work, but with the new standard being 2500 that only leaves 145 between the vamp powers and magic items and probably a low level caster.

I completely forgot about abyssal terrors though, I can use the dragon as a count as I guess. Here's what I've been thinking:

Vampire Lord
    Nightshroud, Crown of the damned, (Can't decide between +2 strength or +2 attacks)
    Infinite Hatred, Walking Death, Red Fury
    Abyssal Terror
    -535 (or 585 as I'll probably make him level 3)
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think u should go with more Strength, cuz personally at Str 5 even with multiple attacks it's hard to wound T4, and then stuff like Chaos Warriors, Knights, and Dwarves will mostly likely get a couple of saves off or two. (less for red fury) With Str7, you wound almost anything 2s, and u eliminate all the annoying armor factors and stack up all the extra attacks with Red Fury, making up for less attacks anyways.But honestly it depends on who ur facing, if your taking on elves...go for more attacks, against Empire anything is fine for Rank and File, and against Brets its definitely better with more Strength. If your pulling some combos like having the lore of beasts to buff up your lord.

But here, check out this thread on vapire counts online for some CC lord builds, it's given me some good ideas Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see AT being of much use any more, but I would kit him out Lance Armstrong style. Give him the always hit lance and red fury.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

+ Reply to Thread