Raising zombies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raising zombies

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raising zombies

Hi all,Well i was looking at the raising zombies post recently and thought about making a 1000pt zombie army. A vast army of zombies which could block out the sun.

Would this be a viable tactic in 8th edition?

Could some one make a 1000pt zombie list army?
    (the best army will get a rep)

Necromancer's or vampire's?

Any tips or advice?

All up plenty of rep up for grabs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punching Gnoblars View Post
    Would this be a viable tactic in 8th edition?
    No.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone got any useful advice? Sorry "NO" dosen't get rep, a little more and rep for you (Who ever responds first is more likely to get rep in my books).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punching Gnoblars View Post
    Anyone got any useful advice? Sorry "NO" dosen't get rep, a little more and rep for you (Who ever responds first is more likely to get rep in my books).
    I would say its viable in such a small game just make sure to bring enough magic support to bring new zombies onto the table to support ur flanks bc ur gna have a gigantic speed disadvantage !!!! So I would defiantly recommend at least a vampire thrall but maybe a necromancer too buy an extra spell so he can keep on bringing new units onto the table to keep them off u and for you to surround them once u get to close combat! Just remember to create units in good spots to keep the opponent off balance bc ur not gna out fight many people ur gna have to out smart them!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

list:

Heroes: 1. Necromancer w/ IoN, Black periapt and Wristbands of black gold 2. Necromancer w/ raise dead, Sceptre de Noirot 3. Necromancer w/ IoN

Core: 1. 80x zombies w/ musician and standard 2. 80x zombies w/ musician and standard 3. Corpse cart w/ balefire or unholy lodestone

lol, think thats about right
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ha, this is actually something I've been trying to not do for months now. I'm a massive Zombie movie fan truth be told and it's a fight i'll one day loose. The 1000pt list I was thinking of was Thus,

Vampire Lord. Level 3, Master of Black Arts, The thing that lets him take Any Lore. I'll take Shadow Magic thank you.

Necromancer, Raise Dead, Sceptre De Noirot
    Necromancer, IoN
    Necromancer, IoN

Corpse Cart, Lode Stone.

3x 30 Zombies.

The Necromancers are there to keep the Army alive(?) while the Lord is there to reduce the killiness/fighting ability of the enemy. Also Mind Razor on Zombies is just funny.

Anything with a 2+ Save will eat through this army, Anything like Chaos Warriors will wipe 30 Zombies out in a turn after combat Res. Anything which can shut down your Necromancers will kill you, plus a few bad rolls for Winds of Magic and you’re screwed. It should be fun but I can’t see you (or me) winning many games with such a list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rep fore evreyone!

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

If you are going for this id suggest atleast 2 corpse carts, for the buffs on your zombies, stick 2 ION Necromancers in them, a third with raise dead and scepter de noit, plus a Vampire thrall caster as your general, id go for the thrall level one to free up some points for corpse carts, like befor to de buff enemy troops, id go for 2x60 zombies and 1x40. Also are you going for any Wolves? as Zombie dogs are cool lol.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Not a big fan of the idea:

1- Zombies are the cheapest troops in our army for a reason, they're pants. Even flanking with zombies normally isn't normally worth it because they'll just be handing even more kills and thus combat res to the enemy.
    2- Characters can't join zombie units so you're going to have to keep your general mobile as he's going to be all alone and a prime target for any shooting/spells/etc. Also means you can't throw your character in to support the zombies in ciomabt as chances are the zombies will still lose horribly and combat res will demolish the character.
    3- As already mentioned you're going to be relying on magic to be effective, so bad rolls or an effective anti-magic army is going to ruin your day.
    4- I'm not a big fan of the modelling aspect of the hobby, I see it as a chore needed to get to the fun of playing the game, but I bet even the most ardent painter would get bored with painting 100+ (probably 140+) zombies.
    5- I just can't see it being that much fun to play, either with or against. The only viable tactic I can see is move up, tarpit anything you get into contact with, spam invocation and hope your general doesn't die. Chances are the zombie units wont die, so as long as you keep the characters safe you wont be giving away points, but also chances are they wont kill anything so I reckon it's just going to be draw or very small wins everytime and every game will pretty much play the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak
    Vampire Lord. Level 3, Master of Black Arts, The thing that lets him take Any Lore. I'll take Shadow Magic thank you.
    That'd be illegal in the list you've given as at 1000 points the limit on lords is 250 and he's 340 points.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

+ Reply to Thread