Ion spell - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ion spell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ion spell

Ok my question about this spell (well i think its this spell is this the one that heals wounds?) is a unit of zombies is wiped out can this be cast to bring them back or does the person need to cast raise dead and create a new unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the unit is wiped out you can cast Raise dead but they can't be in combat because of the 1" between enemies. I'd use them to block missile fire, use to threaten small and weak units and harras the enemy before the big battle begins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your unit of zombies is wiped out you cannot cast IoN to bring them back (you need at least 1 model on the board to heal wounds to the unit), so YES, you need to raise a new unit with raise dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok some other questions can this spell be cast over and over in the same magic phase providing there are enough PD. also can it be cast on a unit of zombies to increase the size of the unit beyond starting size. how does this work with Victory points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by P4DDS View Post
    ok some other questions can this spell be cast over and over in the same magic phase providing there are enough PD. also can it be cast on a unit of zombies to increase the size of the unit beyond starting size. how does this work with Victory points?
    Read the spell and zombie entry in the army list. All the explanations are there.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thought i would post here got the answers i was looking for but found another question for summon horde spell im fine with the raise zombie part as it says same rules as raise dead but in the other way of usining it (regaining 3 d6 wounds) is there a range on that or is it just any unit

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

There doesn't seem to be a range, from what I can see. They specify one for IoN but not for Raise Dead, so I would assume it can just affect any unit you want.

Unless they changed that in an errata somewhere...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

its in the erreta 18" to spawn the new unit 5d6 zombies and 12" to heal 3d6 wounds to any unit in range HOWEVER vampires still only gain one wound per casting thats anything witht he vampire rule and you also have to state if you are casting at the vampire inside a unit of skeles / ghouls / gg / BK etc.. as they can only get one wound max from IoN or SUH where as the unit could gain more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't have to declare who you're casting the 3d6 wounds on. you only have to declare if you're regaining wounds or creating a new unit. The 3d6 wounds can be used on any number of units. While it is true that vampires (and characters, cav, ethereal, etc) can only gain one wound a piece per casting, there is nothing preventing you from taking your, say... 14 wounds from your 3d6 and giving one to this vampire, one to that vampire, bringing back a blood knight, and dumping the remaining 11 into a unit of skeletons. The only restriction is that you can't exceed the one wound policy, and they all have to be within range.

you only have to declare a target when using IoN, because its a single unit/character that benifits from the spell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

ah i miss read SUH then many thanks for clearing that up

+ Reply to Thread