Black Coach and its power drianing effects - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Black Coach and its power drianing effects

ok hers a question that myelf and my most regular gaming can't quite sort out an answer to while we are all in agreance we just need some out side influance before we implement our interpritation into our group.

The Black coach and Evocation of death.
    As per the FAQ on the GW website, it no longer eats power dice generated JUST from wizards with in 6" of it but now eats them from every where on the board.

The conclusion we have come to to is due to the wording of both the vampire book and the FAQ the coach gets to roll for each power dice once created to see if ti gets absorbed.

Example
    winds + channel this is done at same time so once you have rolled up your winds of magic and channeld you roll to see how many get absorbed.
    New power dice, any new power dice gained Via any means after this point are rolled for as soon as they are generated to see if they are also absorbedred.

so if we where to roll up
    Winds 2d6 = Avg 7 + channel ( i have 5 casters @2k being vamps my best mate's rats have 3) my Magic phase i get average 10 dice his is 8 these are now rolled for by the coach on Average i loose 2 he looses 1 to the coach for this one of his casters is a dunce cap warlord he gets lore of death more often than not and i tend to take one vamp with it and the flying power or mount. now every dice we get from lore of death has to be roleld for the coach to eat as per our interpritation.

now in games where he has borrowed my vamps and my list vs my darkelves we have also surmised that this would effect power of darkness.

now while this may seem as just a way to power up the coach it does seem that this is what GW intened the coach to be just a masive power vortex that almost shuts down magic.

also as stated above we would like some out side input so that we can spread this to the rest of our gaming group or just plain find another meaning from it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Sorry, first sentence of the rule "At the start of every magic phase...". Any dice generated during the phase are uneffected
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

ah sweet we must of missed that bit thats makes it a bit less devastating to myself as much as to others which is good enough for my ears.

+ Reply to Thread