Can IoN be cast multiple times per magic phase? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can IoN be cast multiple times per magic phase?

In the rulebook it says that each wizard in the army can attempt to cast a spell only once per magic phase, but in the army book it says IoN and other necromancy spells maybe cast multiple times per phase, but the army book was written in 7th edition. So now in 8th can it still be cast multiple times since the army book specifically gives it the ability to be cast multiple times?

Chaos Space Marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

army books override BRB and yes it can be cast as many times as you like or have power to do so any nercomantic spell can these include

Invocation of Nehek
    Van hals danse macbre
    Raise dead

NB* these 3 spells are the only ones allowed multipul times in an army not counting loremaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Just be careful 1 dice spamming ION now coz if ur first dice is a 1 then u aint casting any spells that turn lol, stupid 8th ed :/
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive read a thread or post that stated that even though you lose the caster it can still be worth spamming ION with one dice in certain situations. Statistically it should work and if you have enough casters it will work well.
    Of course its 1/3 of failing it which acually means 1 in every three gets above 3+. Might not be conscence but i always fluff my ION rolls with one dice, even if you only need 3+ ><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

i take 4 casters at 2000 points and i very rarely one dice spam, i have done it turn 1 with 12 dice and cast 11 of em with only 1 dispelled =] but i was very lucky (btw my 4 casters all have lord of the dead)
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha 11/12 succes? If only the dice gods smiled upon me like that more often!
    4 caster being like 1 Lord and 3 CC vamps, or is everyone decked out for magic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

all have loremaster and lord of the dead with a few item upgrades and lord is knocked up with dark acolyte, lord of the dead, ifinite hatred, beguile, sword of kings, armor of night, talisman of preserverence(the 5+ ward) and the other tricksters shards, hees awsome in a challenge, iv seen him kill archaon and skull taker both in challenges with that set-up. and still a competent caster and i have full access to 4 lores =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm thats interesting, have to try that lord he seems very fun to have.
    Though quick question...what lores do u take with those four guys? I've never taken something like that and i only use my caster vamps as ION spammers. Give them lvl 2 and one gets MOTBA and thats kind of it. Knowing a whole lore...never seen the use in that with Vamps but maybe it works better in 8th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the clarification
    Chaos Space Marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I usually take death on my lord, 1 with shadow, 1 with light and 1 with either beasts or vampires, i know the lore is weak but i have access to curse of years and Vanhells so it makes it worthwhile especially when i cast very few spells a turn now, my 7th ed list had 13PD a turn, maybe 14 with periapt :/ so bit of a downgrade, coz of new magic i stopped using demons, i used to knock out 20 PD a turn last ed i miss my super powerdice armies

+ Reply to Thread