Magic and Spell Limit question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Magic and Spell Limit question

So after nearly two years of being put away I pulled my vampire counts army out of the back of the closet and started to build a list and I think I need a little clarification on the rules for spell allocation.

Since without the Forbidden Lore talent you can only have one of each spell in our army. Is this as much of a crippling limitation as it seems?

The Camden Brigade
    Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, and kharma hits you with a car.
    20 Bucks. Eat it; Ride it; Hump it. I don't care. - Earl J. Hickey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it is not crippling.
    All vampires get IoN regardless of how many or what lore.
    Necromancers pay for their spells so they never count against randomly rolled spells.
    Forbidden Lore allows you to have all spells of a lore and don't count against other randomly rolled spells.
    If you take a Lvl 4 and a Lvl 2 Vampire with Lore of Vampires you get all 6 spells, do you feel you need more this?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

8th ed's magic phase is all about knowing what spells you absolutely need to cast, (invocation, vanhel's and a buff), and those spells which seem dangerous, but are just ment to sucker out dispel dice (curse of years, hexes, death's sniper spells etc...)
    We don't need to spam crap like before as we can't min/max our core as we did in 7th. The only important spells you really need are; healing, movement, buffs, hexes.

Luckily we have vampires who all know how to heal (invocation) and can auto take the required buffs (loremaster ability).
    Then we have super cheap necros who auto buy the heal (invo) and auto buy the movement issue (vanhel's danse).
    Finally, we have the Good Book for added insurance.

We have no actual need to play by the rules and roll for our spells as all the other 'cattle races' are forced to!

+ Reply to Thread