Blood Dragon on Winged Nightmare - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Dragon on Winged Nightmare

I saw the model on the GW-site, loved it and decided that -if possible- I'll use it as my General, but now I can't even find it in my codex! :-s
    Am I looking over it and should I have my eyes (double) checked?

-Leafy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

You have 2 options for that model;
    a) Vampire on Hellsteed.
    A much 'safer' option because the statline is now combined due to the poney only having a single wound. Thus, stuff like your ward save protects the entire model, and there's no threat of your poney being shot out from under you!

b) Vampire on Abyss(m)al Terror.
    This is the shiny 'new' winged nightmare profile. A bit beefier than before, but overall it's an expensive mount which gets owned pretty badly by bolt throwers, cannons, xbows & guns... Not the best idea for your general, since he could very likely end up easily shot off his steed! (cannon balls for example will auto-hit both the character + mount now - no more randomising!)
    Still, it's not unplayable, and if you're carefull he'll work, especially when you combine things like the Infinite Hatred & Red Fury powers with the Blood Drinker, thus allowing your vampire's combat kills to heal himself and/or his mount!

Cheers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh ok thanks :-) think I'll go with A ;-). Better safe then sorry, and my friends plays DE, Reaper Xbows yikes!

-leafy
    Last edited by Leafblower; July 16th, 2011 at 18:50.

+ Reply to Thread