Wraith sheild - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wraith sheild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraith sheild

Hey guys ive seen a few people talk about putting 5 hero wraiths infront of skeletons(no command ) now this seems fine rules wise. Im just wondering what happens to spells that hit the unit from the front. If the wraiths block a unit from attacking it surley they would take the spell hit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you can only take 0-1 as a Hero choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

That's only in a pact, ie the new Storm of magic rules. They're just regular heroes in a VC army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you talking about wight kings? you make it sound like you're talking about cairn wraiths, or more specifically tomb banshees.

if you're talking about the wights, then its perfectly legal and all. Any shooting or spells directed at the unit would hit the skeletons as long as there are at least 5 skeletons left. If something says that the front rank specifically takes the hits, then you would take look out sir rolls so long as there are at least 5 skeletons left.

I remember someone telling me once that you aren't REQUIRED to take a LOS roll. but I've looked through the book, and the FAQ. Book doesn't say you MAY roll, it says roll. The unit cares for the characters/champions more than thier own individual lives and will push the guy out of the way, whether he wants them to or now. FAQ does not say you're allowed to NOT roll it. If someone can point out where (if) it says you can refuse to take a LOS roll I'd love to see it.

So essentially, the wights in the front rank will help you in combat, but all shooting/spells will have a 5/6 chance to hit skeletons. so you'll be a beast in combat, since they can't target skeletons, but all shooting and spells will still tear the unit apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no i am talking about the new hero wraith choices. 5 in the front row of skeleies meaning anything that charges the front needs magic attacks the do any harm or they will win combat by having better stataic combat res as no skelies will die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Finchht09 View Post
    you talking about wight kings? you make it sound like you're talking about cairn wraiths, or more specifically tomb banshees.

if you're talking about the wights, then its perfectly legal and all. Any shooting or spells directed at the unit would hit the skeletons as long as there are at least 5 skeletons left. If something says that the front rank specifically takes the hits, then you would take look out sir rolls so long as there are at least 5 skeletons left.

I remember someone telling me once that you aren't REQUIRED to take a LOS roll. but I've looked through the book, and the FAQ. Book doesn't say you MAY roll, it says roll. The unit cares for the characters/champions more than thier own individual lives and will push the guy out of the way, whether he wants them to or now. FAQ does not say you're allowed to NOT roll it. If someone can point out where (if) it says you can refuse to take a LOS roll I'd love to see it.

So essentially, the wights in the front rank will help you in combat, but all shooting/spells will have a 5/6 chance to hit skeletons. so you'll be a beast in combat, since they can't target skeletons, but all shooting and spells will still tear the unit apart.
    Banshees and wraiths can also be taken as heroes now, rules found in the new issue of WD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just looked at the GW site and sure enough it was saying that they were characters now. I was about to ask where i could find that stuff.

So is this an official amendment? or is it like an alternate list scheme like the all slayer dwarfs army?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Nope, banshee and wraiths characters, as well as the terror-thingie got the "official rules" stamp

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by P4DDS View Post
    Hey guys ive seen a few people talk about putting 5 hero wraiths infront of skeletons(no command ) now this seems fine rules wise. Im just wondering what happens to spells that hit the unit from the front. If the wraiths block a unit from attacking it surley they would take the spell hit?
    To answer your question, any hits divided as shooting cannot be assigned to characters until there are less than five rank-and-file models remaining in the unit. So until then, your Wraiths are good, unless there's a spell that targets models instead of units, like the Purple Sun, but you get a Look Out Sir! against that. I must say, that 5-Wraith trick is actually a pretty smart idea (though points-wise it's expensive as hell). Kudos to whomever thought of it.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Aren't the new Wraiths running at something like 75pt/model? That's a little pricey to be stuffing 5 into the front rank. I'd totally do it with some GraveGuard Greatweapons though. Alternatively, you could run them as a "unit" of their own, and put your Vampire in there, then run the 5 wide and kick the vampire to the "second rank", giving him a nice little shield. Or even 2x3, with the Vampire in the middle of the "back" rank, protecting him from flank charges as well.

But anyways, it would be legal.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast