lahmians - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lahmians

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lahmians

So ive never played Warhammer fantasy but have read the books and have always wanted to do a VC army. a lahmian vc army at that. now i know that female vamps are a must but i was really wondering if it was acceptable to build an army with empire and other models to represent thralls or should i just stick with the standard bone opptions.Vampire Counts
    Army Book: Vampire Counts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I'm yet to read the latest Vampire Counts army book, so I'm not sure if there's any information in that to act as a guide.

From what I remember of the old Variant lists towards the back of one of the past vampire counts books, in a pure Lahmian army you could include a Swain, a human noble held in sway by the Vampiress's power. Actually I just checked and that's a little inaccurate - apparently it could be any hero choice from any army book and you just equipped them as per their army book would allow you to do.

For friendly play, you'd have to check with your opponent if they were fine with you doing that. For tournament play I suspect it might be a little more difficult. I still think you could include a model as a swain, you could convert them to look like an empire noble or whatever, but you'd have to equip them as per the Vampire Counts army book.

So depending on how you handle it rules-wise, I couldn't really see a problem with having empire models within the ranks. Traditionally the Lahmian armies were built around large blocks of skeleton troops, but its feasible some clever deceiving vampire has managed to convince a couple of hapless nobles and/or their followers to fight by her side!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

As Lahmians are infamous for infiltrating almost any society - especially human, you could model your army after pretty much any nation. (high elves would also be a likely candidate as they like politicing too!)

The main Lahmian stronghold in the Old World is the Silver Pinnacle in the World's Edge Mountains. This fortress will play host to travellers, (who might return home), and is said to resemble, "a mysterious and ancient long lost civilisation" with statues of foriegn gods, golden statues, paitings & tapistries that hide hidden passageways and silvered skull lamps.
    So you could for example work Tomb King models into the army, such as counting ushabti as crypt horrors, a necrosphinx as a terrorghiest and such, while adding the distinct kopesh sword to units.

A Lahmian who has inserted herself as the lady of an empire nobleman however, wouldn't dress in her distinctive nehekaran garb, but would look just like any other noblewoman. Her entourage would also have a more 'Old World' feel, with only the barest hint of their true origins.
    Ditto for a Lahmian who's infiltrated into Bretonnian or any other society.

Basically, Lahmians are a what you want them to be, and the only units you should avoid in a themed force are ghoul kings & ghouls - everything else is fair game! (yes, even zombies, who make excellent guards keeping the local peasents in line!)

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghould should be avoid oh that makes me very sad :-/ guess I need to rethink them in my army

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    Ghould should be avoid oh that makes me very sad :-/ guess I need to rethink them in my army
    You can always use other models that count as ghouls.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    I did read something (On this very forum, perhaps?) suggesting that Ghoul Kings and/or Ghouls could represent what becomes of male vampires within a Lahmian cult - not treated all that well I suppose and thus they degenerate into mindless beasts. So maybe just use that excuse!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

If I was to try and fiddle ghouls into a themed Lahmian list, I'd go for something like necromantic constructs and convert them to be man-sized animated statues - a sick parody of the constructs of the Tomb Kings!
    Doing things like animated suits of armour, or painting the models to look like stone or such.

Lahmians basically all out avoid the stinky, ikky parts of the army list. The 5th ed book made it clear that Lahmians will still use zombies as guards to keep the local peasents in line, but you'd never find one near the vampire's court!

Male Lahmians aren't completely unheard of, just extremely rare. (hey, you've got to keep some play-things about right?!!)
    Varghiests are a perfect fit to represent what the Lahmians do to those who displease them and/or what happens to captured vampires of other bloodlines. (as only Lahmians consider themselves worthy of ruling vampire kind)

+ Reply to Thread