Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lizardmen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen

Hey all i'm going to be up against my first lizardman match. Any ideas what i should bring to the table to fight the lizzies?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Well, it depends on what type of Lizardman army they have. With lots of Saurus you can laugh with Lore of Shadow (pit of shades) or Death (Purple Sun), as Saurus are Initiative 1, but you will want to watch out for Slann. They have a magic item which can give us their first miscast result, which is never something we want, even with backup generals. They will also dominate the magic phase, plus in a unit of Temple guard they are basically unkillable, you've got to kill the Slann ASAP. They also will wreck us in combat, whilst slow, Saurus are comparable to chaos warriors in combat, so make sure you debuff the hell out of them before you do. Kill as many as you can over range with magic, and hope you outnumber them enough when they arrive, or we just die. I've seen 18 Temple Guard win combat vs Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers in the flank, they can take what we have even easier.

Your best bet is to take some Grave Guard, they will do some nice damage with GW. Vargheists may work well too, provided you have enough of them. Plenty of wizards to nerf his leadership with and Initiative test him to death. Ethereal units are fun too, provided we do enough damage with them to equal out/win on combat res.

+ Reply to Thread