Best builds to run for hero level vamps in lower point games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

95 (x2)

Best builds to run for hero level vamps in lower point games

Just curious really,

As I say specifically in lower point games (up to 1k) - how do you run your hero level vampires - fighters or wizards, and which is generally better for lower point games.

I personally like the idea of a fighter vampire, as due to his abilities at 500-1k he's pretty much the final word in close combat engagements with other characters - I haven't started collecting vampire counts yet properly (it's been a kind of on again off again thing for ages now) - and I want to get some tactical advice on pretty much all of it before I even think about making any purchases.

So which is best at low points - Fighters or wizards? Can we get both at this level (in the form of a necromancer or point heavy vamp).

Oh yeah, also, what mount is best to have for the vampire (if any)

Last edited by Blackadder; April 8th, 2012 at 23:41.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

In a 1000 pt game, I would take a master necro with a 4+ ward i think it adds up to 210 points. Doing it from memory but if I'm right you could also give him the level 4 upgrade. I'd also take a mortis engine with a tome so hed get +6 to cast. But that is pretty expensive and fitting in good combat units may be trouble.

As for taking a vampire hero, Its tough because they can get very expensive with gear and vampire powers. I played a game where he had fear incarnate and aura of dark majesty a great weapon and armour of destiny. This is 208 points if I remember correctly. He did alright but his attacks were slow and I hate not having red fury, but with the screaming banner my skeletons became my best preforming unit.

+ Reply to Thread