Manfred Voncarstein - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I was looking through my friends Vamp Count army book and saw Manfred VonCarstein. He looks awesome. A lvl4 Vamp Lord with a bunch of special stuff. The only bad thing is he costs alot and takes up 2 hero slots along with a Lord slot :glare:

Has any one used this guy, maybe in 3000 points?

-My Warrior Priest will challenge your Chaos Lord
    -OK, my Chaos lord will slaughter you
    -My warrior priest with Van Hortsmen's Speculum will take his 7 Str 8 attacks. You die.
    -......What?
    -Take your model off the table, he's dead

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 3+ ward save is amazing. Also,his staff that allows him to cast a spell for free every turn is amazing. Too bad other than that he has very little offensive power. In 3k i think he would do well,anything less and he wont be able to compensate for the loss of characters and huge points dent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah, I agree with Abbadon. 3000 points would be the minimum to field him, and the staff is great.

If you are raising units with the staff can you choose your power level though? It doesn't mention it, so I assume you could. 3d6 skeletons every turn is pretty cool, or if he is wounded just use that to heal him up again.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he can use the staff to cast invoc. on an 11+. An bound spell raising 3d6 troops every turn at 11 power level? Nasty....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He rocks but u need a big army to field him. His ward save rocks, the sword of unholy power helps him and the staff .... well you know. the only thing i dun like is his bloodline powers, i would like to change them... but i cant. and the fact he has no armour is a bit disturbing but if he does then he will have no spells.

:realmad: But the fact that he ran away from volkmar in the soc was stupid..!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yes, he should have stayed to fight! Come on, he has the biggest army their which can keep growing and never gets tired, all the enemies are tired from their battles.

I think Von Carstein can have armour and cast spells now, but in any case the lack of armour is why he gets a 3+ ward save. And since hes on a barded nightmare, he does get a 5+ normal save. Not very good, I know, but better than nothing.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread