What Units To Start Off With? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I collect warhammer 40k, but i was wanting to collect vampire counts as a new army.

But i dont know what units and heros to start with,i would like a more personal veiw. Any help with this would be a great help. And if you can tell, how much it will cost.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

You need to choose a bloodline for VC, there is Von Carstein, Strigoi, Necrarch, Lahmia and Blood Dragons. Choose one you like the look of (read some of the other posts here about their specialities) and buy the vampire blister.

For units, lots of skeletons and zombies are a good start. They are the same cost as any regiment box (same as marine tactical squad if you know it) and you get 20 per box.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start by bying a skeleton regiment.
    There are enough items on the sprues, so with conversions (Hands comming up from the soil, Skulls and arms emerging etc. ) you can make a compagny of 40 skeletons instead of the usual 20. skeletons with handweapon, shield and light armor wont die as easy as zombies, and sometimes they even manage a kill :-)

I bought the Lahmia bloodline, because i liked the minis, but they are very hard to win with. I would suggest you go for either Von Carstein or Blooddragon bloodline (allthough my current Bloodline is Necrach).

You should also get a blister with a couple of Necromancers, IMHO, you simply cant have an army without Necros.

Graveguards are awesome elite units, but make sure you have atleast +3 rankbonus when you use them, because its soooo agonizing loosing any to combat resolution.

Get a cavalry unit, like 5 Black Knights, and your ready for a 1000 point battle.

By now you can forinstance have an army of 2 level 2 necros, 1 thrall von carstein with heavy armor, 2 skeleton regiments with light armor, and a graveguard regiment with shields, all of 15 units, including champion and standard, and a black knight regiment with barding of 5 including champion and standard.

Its exactly 1000 points. But as you notice, no magic items. You put the thrall in the graveguard regiment, and the necros in the skeleton regiments, and your ready to go.

Best regards
    Darthwobert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help.

Doil.

+ Reply to Thread