Advice Wanted: Vc For A Newbie And Warbands - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I'm hoping I get get some rough advice. My local game store is starting an escalation league next friday. It starts at 200 points and ramps up to 350 and then 500. They are using the warbands rules for this.

I have a little WHFB experience with an all goblin army. My 8 year old son is starting to take an interested in WFB and 40K. He said he wanted VC cuz of the zombies.

Are the VC a good army to teach a newbie with?

Any rough advice on VC and warbands? I've got a box of zombies, a box of skellies, and a couple necros. I can throw together a 200 point army but are there other easy to play units I may want to consider? Again this is for a new player with no wargaming experience. I'm hoping to hook him

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bortass@Nov 29 2004, 03:10
    Hey I'm hoping I get get some rough advice. My local game store is starting an escalation league next friday. It starts at 200 points and ramps up to 350 and then 500. They are using the warbands rules for this.

I have a little WHFB experience with an all goblin army. My 8 year old son is starting to take an interested in WFB and 40K. He said he wanted VC cuz of the zombies.

Are the VC a good army to teach a newbie with?

Any rough advice on VC and warbands? I've got a box of zombies, a box of skellies, and a couple necros. I can throw together a 200 point army but are there other easy to play units I may want to consider? Again this is for a new player with no wargaming experience. I'm hoping to hook him

TIA
    [snapback]260325[/snapback]
    Well I'd say VC is an excellent army to teach him WH. Just make sure he knows how the magic system works. And well just a large block of zombies , a necro and then maybe some wolfies or black knights (moeha).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Most people will tend to say VC are a hard army to start with. They do give you a fair bit of experience, and require a lot of tactics. As Tili said magic is very important, you will need to use it properly to win most games.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

otherwise blood dragon is pretty easy to start with.
    since they are among the best fighing heroes around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still, I'd agree with Strewart, VC probably isn't the best army to start Fantasy with, especially an 8 year old. You have to co-ordinate the combat and magic phase quite precisely to get it working as well as it can.

Personally I'd recommend...maybe Skaven - that doesn't have to be so reliant on magic and of course the ubiquitous Chaos - probably Khorn. Other than those dwarves are good though maybe not interesting enough for a kid, maybe a Dark Elf army?
    Mordheim: Middenheimers & Night Goblins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne is harder than you think, cause you have to get your charges right. If you have to charge a unit of fleeing fast cav all the time the unit won't be worth much. So you have to deal with that kind of diversions by blocking the charge by hounds, spawn or flyers. I'd go with slaanesh for starters. The don't run, neither towards (frenzy) or away from the enemy (panic).
    asquabbling they squandered and gambled
    till dawn did freeze their drunken dice

+ Reply to Thread