Spirit Hosts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spirit Hosts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I've read the tactica's comments about using spirit hosts (flank or screen), but what other uses have you found? What about tying up large monsters, like Kroxigors?

Do you ever use more than two bases? How big do you go?

What's been their most effective use for you?

Are they worth it in a 1000 pt army?

Cheers all...

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's an exellent use of spirit hosts. Any hard hitting lone model or unit of monsters who don't have ranks, banners, or magic weapons are plain stuck with them.

However a unit of 2 fulfilling a flanking role has been the most successful for me. They are just perfect for that when dire wolfs would just be killed by dozens (khornite mortals).

A unit of 4 (5 is out of the question) is a massive investment and would still not be able to beat 95% of the infantry regiments in WF 1v1. As flankers they would then have enormous wheels, what impairs their ability to charge. So unless you REALLY want to screen, go for a unit of 2 or maybe 3.

Answering your last question, 1000 pts is a bit small for those expensive swarms. I consider them only in 2k+.
    asquabbling they squandered and gambled
    till dawn did freeze their drunken dice

+ Reply to Thread