Librarium Online Forums banner

2000 Pt Vc

401 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  imported_ollie 
#1 ·
1 x Von Carstein Count. Walking Death. Ring of the Night. Flayed Hauberk. Great Weapon. Heavy Armor. Winged Nightmare.

1 x Von Carstein Thrall. Sword of Might. Summon Wolves. Barded Nightmare. Heavy Armor and Sheild.

1 x Von Carstein Thrall. Walking Death. Talisman of Protection. Barded Nightmare. Heavy Armor and Sheild.

16 Skeletons. Sheild. Light Armor. Full Command.

5 Black Kinghts. Barded Steed. Sheild. Heavy Armor. Full command.
5 Black Kinghts. Barded Steed. Sheild. Heavy Armor. Full command.

21 Grave Guard. Heavy Armor. Sheild. Full Command. Screaming Banner.

possible wood elf opponent

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that one great bloodline power for a VC count is the aura of dark majesty. Also your general has the flayed hauberk and heavy armor. Most VC players will tell you to drop the winged nightmare. If your general gets into trouble far from his troops, the whole army is toast. And you definitely need necromancers in a VC army. At least one to support your count.
If I was playing wood elves, I'd want to go fast, so maybe the nightmare's not so bad. The cavalry will be good, so maybe some other faster units. If you could tie up his archers until your infantry gets there, you might avoid being target practice all day. And for that same reason, I'd give the GG the banner which gives a ward save against missle fire. They're awful expensive to lose to two or three rounds of missle fire.
Maybe some flyers or spirit hosts which are faster than usual. And definitely take the book of arkhan so that you can scoot on across the table and engage his troops fast.
Good luck! Elf blood is a rare delicacy for vampires.

#4 ·
Well, that will be interesting. Playing VC against Wood Elves without any magic on either side. It looks like it really will come down to how he uses his archers and how you engage him. I played in a small tourney this last weekend and one guy was playing his wood elves.

He had the smallest force of us all, and we playing armies only 1000 pts large. Afterwards, he told me that you don't really engage with wood elves, and he's a really good player with several armies. If your opponent knows his stuff, he'll go after you hard from afar, but don't forget about those wardancers and his mounted characters. They can hit hard.

I hope you'll give a battle report. It'll be interesting to hear how it goes. I've got a winged nightmare I haven't assembled and painted yet, but I'd like to get him into action. I'd really like to take a dragon into combat even though everyone says our dragons blow, and not in the good, fire-belching kind of way.

David

#7 ·
ive decided that i dont wanna use carstein's
not my style.

Blood Dragon Count. Winged Nightmare. Full Plate. Additional Hand Weapon. Master Strike. Heart Piercing. Strength of Steel. Red Fury.

Blood Dragon Thrall. Barded Nightmare. Heavy Armor. Additional Hand Weapon. Master Strike. Heart Piercing.

Blood Dragon Thrall. Barded Nightmare. Heavy Armor. Additional Hand Weapon. Master Strike. Heart Piercing.

10 Ghouls. Champ
5 Ghouls. Champ
5 Ghouls. Champ

14 Grave Guard. Shields. Full Command
5 Spirit Hosts.
10 Black Knights. Barded Steed. Full Command.

Black Coach

5 may be too many spirit hosts so i dunno, and i think the black coach should never die. the grave guard is simply a core tank.

#9 ·
I'd drop the ghasts. Take units of 6-8.

And why did you take 5 spirit hosts. You'll only get them all into contact when the enemy unit is 120+ mm wide. Thats 5 times 25, 6 times 20. And think of the wheels/charges/space on the battlefield. Take 4 as a max.

Maybe you want to do something else with your count as well. Winged nightmares get shot for a hobby. And then your general will generally die. Give your characters some boost of strength, I prefer a great weaopn, and stick them in a unit (maybe add a wight lord - sword of kings - banner of the barrows).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.