Necrarchs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necrarchs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

So here are my questions.

How do you equip a Necrarch?

What bloodline powers do you give him?

Do you let him get into combat?

Do you still take necromancers?

Is he worth updating to a lord for the benefit of the extra magic level, in addition to a few other, slightly improved stats?

What fighting heroes, if any, do you match him with?

What questions am I forgetting to ask?

Thanks all, and Happy New Years.

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing Necrach, you are going for a magic heavy army, so try to avoid CC for as long as possible. Since you cant really equip them with armor, they are going to die when fighting.
    I allways give them Noble Blood, and lords are sometimes "equiped" with Awakening, just to give that extra edge to IoN.
    Problem is that Noble Blood is so expensive, you dont have points left to protect the vampires, but your regiments will fail in CC, if they dont have the fighting power of the vampires.
    Anyways, ive not won that many games playing Necrach (1 in 4), but that game was won by staing out of CC for as long as possible.
    Hope it helps.
    Wobert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

ok, those questions...

How do you equip a Necrarch?

Normally with a Crown of the Damned, or if I'm sure he's going no-where near combat the Wristbands of Black Gold

What bloodline powers do you give him?

Noble Blood and either Dark Acolyte or Master of the Black Arts

Do you let him get into combat?

Hell no.

Do you still take necromancers?

Definately, probably two of them. If you're playing Necrarchs then you're playing to win through the magic phase, so you want to dominate it.

Is he worth updating to a lord for the benefit of the extra magic level, in addition to a few other, slightly improved stats?

IMO no, I've never been convinced that Lords are worth it, due to the loss of a hero slot. This is particularly relevant with Necrachs as you can only cast a spell once per magic phase, so having another caster around for an Invocation or Dance Macabre is required.

What fighting heroes, if any, do you match him with?

On the presumption you mean match as in 'take with him', then Wight Lords. Necrach thralls are simply useless and have no real advantages over a Wight Lord; they get extra strength and initiative but in contrast the Lord has killing blow and access to good armour.

What questions am I forgetting to ask?

Not that I can think of.
    For reference sake, in a 2000 point game, I'd probably take the following:

Necrach Vampire Count: Level 3 (including Noble Blood) - Wristbands of Black Gold, Noble Blood and depending - either Master of Dark Arts or Dark Acolyte

Wight Lord: Cursed Shield and Sword of Kings with heavy armour - a nice fighting hero

2 x Necromancers: Both upgraded to Level 2; combination of power familiar, dispel scrolls, cursed book, Book of Arkhan combinations - depending on who playing.

hope that was helpful

Thanks all, and Happy New Years.

And to you too
    Mordheim: Middenheimers & Night Goblins

+ Reply to Thread