Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay, we all know that Invocation of Nehek is the bread and butter of a VC army, but when do you use Lore of Death?
I'm thinking of taking it with my Vampire Lord while toting along two necromancers who use the typical necromancy list.
Here are the benefits of the Lore of Death as I see it.
1) Any magic missile spell is valuable, and two are available here. One of them is the default spell.
2) Death Dealer is nice for skeleton/zombie units that tend to die off easily. But it's not the first spell on the list that I'd take.
3) Steal Soul - that's a great one! And on a relatively low casting value!
4) Drain life - cast this when your lord's in the thick of battle and has enemies all around; it could be a whopper at the right moment.
5) Doom and Darkness could really help, especially against high leadership armies. And against low leadership armies, it almost guarantees flight from battle. And it's a semi-RiP spell that allows the magic user to go on and cast something else.
I'd Rather not use the Lore of Death, Necromancery is better and the only really good thing they have has a counterpart in Necromancery (the ability to steel wounds vrs the ability to regenerate wounds).
A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little
I always stick to necromancy because the spells from it are made to help the Vampire Counts army, an otherwise slow army can be sped up, slow and useless troops can be made to fight better, the same troops can be re-risen. I take as much necromancy as possible and even in huge battles I don't use death because I simply don't see it as being as useful as necromancy.
I managed to have a successfull list with a Master necromancer that had lore of death 2 necros with Necromancy and a vampire thrall
I must say that it was extremly effective.
but you will lack the fighting power of a count but it is good against shooty armies to force them to come to you