Is This Legal/cheesy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it legal to use ION create a new unit & then Vanhels/Book of Arkan them into the enemy in the same magic phase.

A quick read of both spells does not explicitly say if this is or isn't allowed....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yep, it is legal, no it is not cheesy, and yes it works great. Especially when you raise the unit in a position to get rear of units.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by strewart@Feb 11 2005, 14:27
    Yep, it is legal, no it is not cheesy, and yes it works great. Especially when you raise the unit in a position to get rear of units. :D
    [snapback]326390[/snapback]
    Cheers for that.

I tried it out last night... which caused my opponent to protest but we could not find a rule which outlaws it.

Nice to know I didn't scam him :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Stewart's right, it's one of the best maneuvers VC has. Raise up some zombies or skeletons on the rear or flank, and your enemy's taking not only a fear test, but a panic, too (assuming you're already in combat). It's a great tactic, almost a necessary one.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, it's a key VC move.

Remember that zombies will strike last though, so try to make you have Hellish Vigour one way or the other.

Or, save those power dice for another raise to the side, so they can charge on the next go.
    Mordheim: Middenheimers & Night Goblins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to use that tactic as often as I can, but since I never roll Van Hells, I have to rely on the Book of Archan to get the unit moved.
    Good enemy players will be aware of this tactic, and will counter it like this:

they will possibly let you raise the unit, and save their dispell dice for the Book of Archan, that way they have a very easy number to beat.
    If the enemy have 2 dispell dice left in this case, the chance of the strategy working is about next to zero. (actually its about 4,6%)

If you DO roll VHells, you will still have to make 3 successfull rolls trying to make this tactic work: IoN casting value, unit strength value and VHells.
    With 2 dice on IoN raising zombies, and 3 dice on VHells, and your opponent has 3 dispell dice left, the strategy will work out 10,9% of the time. If however in this case, he chooses to dispell IoN instead, the chance of the strategy working out is 5.1%. If you use 3 dice on IoN and 3 on VHells, and your opponent choose to dispell with 3 dice on IoN, your chance of success is 16,4%.

Given these percentages, you should see that this combination alone is not something you should base your strategy on. But... when it does work, its terrific, and it will as good as allways turn the battle in your favor.

Then, its just a matter of a lot of discussions and looking in rulebooks, about wether your zombie unit negates rankbonuses at the end of battle. I havent got the page number for you, but as rank bonuses are counted at the start of battle, it does not matter that your zombies get delt some mighty blows, since the unit was atleast 5 strong when it made its attack, your enemy does not get rank bonus!

Wobert

+ Reply to Thread