1000p Sylvanian Armylist - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys.
    This saturday, I am thinking of fielding, for the very first time, a sylvanian army.
    We are going to play the scenario "Back to la Maisontaal" from Warhammer Chronicles 2003, which is a battle with 3 different armies - we play with 1000 pt each.

I have never tried out the sylvanian army list before, so it might not be very wise to try it out for the first time, in a scenario like that, but who dares nothing wins nothing

I was thinking of summoning 2 units of wolves by at my own border, to give me flanking units to whoever gets near me. My GG (with general) goes in the middle with militia (with thralls) on the side. the gravemarkers will be located so I can start expanding my militia at once.
    Allrighty, my list is as follows, please give me your comments:

1000 pts sylvanian army

1 Von Carstein Vampire Thrall @ 136 Pts
    Von Carstein; General; Heavy Armour; Shield
    Summon Wolves
    Aura of Dark Majesty

16 Grave Guard @ 270 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard
    The Drakenhof Banner

1 Von Carstein Vampire Thrall @ 131 Pts
    Von Carstein; Heavy Armour; Shield
    Spectral Attendants
    Earthbind

12 Sylvanian Militia @ 130 Pts
    Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard

1 Von Carstein Vampire Thrall @ 121 Pts
    Von Carstein; Heavy Armour; Shield
    Earthbind
    Summon Wolves

11 Sylvanian Militia @ 120 Pts
    Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard

1 Banshee @ 90 Pts

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 2

Models in Army: 43

Total Army Cost: 998

Best regards
    Wobert

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd drop the grave guard and one of the thralls and have 3 units of 20 sylvanian militia also instead of the summon wolves power have some dire wolves with scout; just as good plus you always get what you paid for in points. other wise ok but you may want to drop a few of the magic items on your characters such as earthbind and spectral attendants.
    "There is no room for the weak" Chaplain Vespula at the seige of Hive Vespan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats gonna be a cool game. could you you post results and some thoughts on how the army worked?
    after-thought:
    in the future I hope to see sylvanian armies expanded to be able to include more troops, kinda like empire but with vampire characters
    never forget, never forgive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battlereport

I didn't play the sylvanian list posted above, instead I played a standard army list.
    It looked pretty much like this (recreated from bad memory):

1 Necromancer @ 150 Pts
    General; Magic Level 2
    Book of Arkhan
    Dispel Scroll

1 Strigoi Vampire Thrall @ 125 Pts
    Strigoi
    Iron Sinews
    Summon Ghouls

9 Skeleton Warriors @ 120 Pts
    Light Armour; Shield; Standard

1 Skeleton Captain

1 Wight Lord @ 66 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield

15 Grave Guard @ 277 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard
    Banner of the Barrows

1 Crypt Keeper

2 Spirit Hosts @ 130 Pts

1 Banshee @ 90 Pts

5 Ghouls @ 40 Pts

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 37

Total Army Cost: 998

The wightlord went in the GG regiment, the thrall in the skeleton regiment and the necro by himself behind the skeletons.

I faced HE on the opposite side of the table, and O&G on the end of the table.

Round 1 was pretty uneventfull. I didnt summon the ghouls, because the only warmachines were located with O&G, and he shot at HE. everyone moved towards eachother.

Round 2: I was first, and I attacked HE spearmen with GG and Spirit hosts (SH), and the elven wizard with my banshee. She didnt harm him with scream, but made a wound in CC, making him run. I pursued to short. Spearmen also lost combat and fled, but both GG and SH also pursued to short. I moved my Necro forwards protecting him with my ghouls to make a shield vs ranged weapons. I also summoned my ghouls behind O&G lines, moving them close to rock lugga, wizard and spear chugga.
    O&G moved wolfriders closer to me, attacked elves (with Giant and wolfriders)wich fled before CC. He rallied all fleeing troops and made a bold and successfull attack wich meant overrun into spearchugga.

Round 3: I was last. O&G first. O&G wolfriders attacked my ghouls hoping for overrun or accidental charge into my necro, my ghouls held their place, even after loosing by CR. Phew.. i thought. O&G and HE battled it out a bit more, but mostly, HE chose to flee before the greenskins. Now it was HE's turn. As my ghouls had been alligned to fight wolfriders, the mounted general suddenly had a straight line of attack at my necro, oh I whish i could have fled. The distance mesured was 18 inches exactly, so he hit my necro (and general) killing him in round 1.. Damn! Nothing crumbled in that round though. GG and SH charged the spearmen again, as my Banshee charged his wizard once more. HE spearmen fled, and were finaly run down, but wizard fled before CC and the banshee got a failed charge. At the end of round, 3 wounds were caused on SH by crumbling.

Round 4: O&G and HE battled and fled a bit more. HE hero charged my ghouls which (the 2 left standing from previous round) fled before CC, making the failed charge stranding the hero 4 inches in front of my thrall led skeletons. Finaly my turn: GG charge HE wizard which looses combat (I didnt kill him, even my bloody wightlord hit nothing) but he flees and i pursue. Both off table edge :-( I charge the SH into a battle with Greatswords who is battling the O&G giant, but loose 1 wound due to CR, killing 1 model. At end of round, my SH takes another 3 wounds due to crumbling, but nothing else is harmed.

Round 5: Again im last to act. HE Greatswords battles with remaining spirithost, which loses 1 wound due to CR, killing the last model :-(
    Thrall led skeletons regiment are charged by a massive unit of wolfriders (20+) led by general. Thrall challenge is accepted. O&G general makes 1 wound on thrall, but revenge is sweet, and 3 wounds were enough to kill the general :-D
    GG returns to gaming board and tries to get close to Greatswords. Banshee moves close to fleeing HE hero and kills him with scream, thrall and skeletons battle it out with wolfriders, and lose a skeleton due to CR. End of round causes Banshee to crumble.

We decided to end the game at that time, as it was getting late.
    Final result was about 750 VP to HE, about 550 to VC and 200 to O&G.

It was a very fun game indeed, and I would recommend the scenario (its from Chronickles 2003). Prepare to roll a lot of 4+ to settle disagreements or situations that are strange :-) Just note, that the player at the end of the table, do not have much room for deployment. With 1000pts per army, it was very difficult for O&G player to have room for all his troops.

Wobert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, good report! why didn't you use sylvania? sorry just curious
    never forget, never forgive

+ Reply to Thread