The Black Coach - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Black Coach

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Well, it's done at last, my black coach. It aint much to look at, but as it was my first big project, I'll cut myself some slack (read as, willfully overlook the gaps and other mistakes). Reviewing the rules on chariots, I have a few questions.

The rulebook states that a character riding a chariot can be challenged and is assumed to step down from the chariot to take that challenge. So I guess the wraith driving the coach can accept a challenge since he is technically a character? Maybe the answer is too obviously yes for me to get it.

A related question, the wraith driving the coach doesn't take up one of the hero slots, right?

Last, any advice on using it? I'm guessing it should mainly be a flanker, avoiding frontal charges at all costs and staying away from monsters.

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by DavidVC04@Feb 27 2005, 16:23
    Last, any advice on using it? I'm guessing it should mainly be a flanker, avoiding frontal charges at all costs and staying away from monsters.
    [snapback]340003[/snapback]
    First off, the Wraith on there is a crew member, not a character, therefore it can't challenge or be challenged, or have attacks directed at him.

Secondly, it is undead, so it won't break from combat, but it will lose wounds to combat resolution.

Third, remember, 1 unsaved str 7 hit = dead black coach.

Oh, and coaches can NEVER march.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by DavidVC04@Feb 27 2005, 19:23
    Well, it's done at last, my black coach. It aint much to look at, but as it was my first big project, I'll cut myself some slack (read as, willfully overlook the gaps and other mistakes). Reviewing the rules on chariots, I have a few questions.

The rulebook states that a character riding a chariot can be challenged and is assumed to step down from the chariot to take that challenge. So I guess the wraith driving the coach can accept a challenge since he is technically a character? Maybe the answer is too obviously yes for me to get it.

A related question, the wraith driving the coach doesn't take up one of the hero slots, right?

[snapback]340003[/snapback]

Nah the wraith doesn't take up a hero slot and I think that he cannot be challenged as he's not really a character, just as you cannot challenge the rider/driver of a regular chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah thats right, hes crew not character.

For using it, much like any other chariots really except this one should be looked after a bit more since it is so many points. Flanks are the best place for it, charging the front with support from something else does work but like all chariots on its own charging is usually not a good idea. It won't flee or anything and possibly won't lose wounds since it will gain some from any kills it makes, but it is not highly likely to route a fully ranked up unit either. Also, do not forget its terror. That will work well for you if you put it in the right places. And lastly, as already mentioned, it has a ward so is fairly well off but still keep it away from s7 stuff.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is more of a modelling question, but if want to put a base under my coach, what size base do i use?

At the moment i'm busy trying to cut to rage monster bases... :wacko:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I just put mine together not long ago. I found that the black coach won't fit on the 50x100mm chariot base; it doesn't even come close. You need a 50x150mm base.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you put other characters in it?

or does that need to be in the army book entry?
    would you like a complementary broadsword with your chainmail bikini?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brother Angvar@Mar 22 2005, 22:20
    can you put other characters in it?

or does that need to be in the army book entry?
    [snapback]359302[/snapback]
    No, you can't put a character on it. If you could, the black coach would be a "mount" option for the character.

Also, as an aside, fluff-wise, the Black Coach is an enchanted device used to resurrect the remains of a slain vampire, so all ready, the coach has a vampire and a wraith in it, so that's pretty damn prestigious. :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did know it would definitely be overkill

-TA
    would you like a complementary broadsword with your chainmail bikini?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a dwarf player and I found out in my last battle that the black coach is wayyyy to good. I think it should cost more points or count as 2 rared or something like that. Is there anyway to kill it easily?
    "Apprentices practice on swords, If you had ordered proper weapons, like axes or hammers, you would have someone like me making them" master weapon smither.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast