Ogres In A V C Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

What do you guys and gals out there think of adding Ogres as Dogs of War to a VC army?

I'm adding a unit of three Maneaters. Their profile fits right in: fear-causing, stubborn (close as you'll get to unbreakable), and immune to psychology. Additionally, they add some real punch, a smidgen of shooting if you take a brace of pistols, and can do more impact hits than the black coach.

Besides the black coach, the other rare choice foregone is the banshee. Now I love banshees, and I've seen her go to town. Just last night, one of my two banshees absolutely went to town on a salamander unit. It was beautiful. But I've also seen units of elves stare around wondering casually, "What's that sound? Does anyone hear that? Al-sara, do you hear that? Something's moaning." So it's a mixed bag and too dependent on the dice roll sometimes.

Leadbelchers might be another good addition to a VC army.

Any opinions?

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maneaters are reallly good and fit into the theme of VC , but i would only go with them no other orges , leadbelchers arnt really that good but maneaters rock!
    "Fight like gobbos"- Skarsnik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all of my opinions of "no dogs of war" said in this forum recently, I do have to say Ogres are the exception. They by far fit in well, compliment the army, and don't really add anything we aren't missing too badly. Leadbelchers aren't the best shooting, but can be effective, and we all ready have decent hard hitting fear causing units. I have to say, Ogres are a good fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but do they fit better then a normal VC unit?
    would the maneaters take on some role that still fits in a VC general strategy in an aspect that was unefficient beforehand. or do they merely replace an existing unit?
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Given that VC's lack shooting all together (other than banshee howls if you can count that&#33, I'd be inclined to go for 2 units of leadbelchers as your rare choices. They too are fear causing, have impact hits and can cause massive damage when taken in units if 3-5, both in terms of shooting and close combat. I'd definitely choose them over maneaters for their superior firepower alone.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, I'm tempted to try that too, but then I see what would happen. An ogre army with an undead theme would be developing under my nose, and I'm not really into starting an army of ogres. But then again, maybe after playing them, I'll go crazy for ogres.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread