Summoning and Fanatics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summoning and Fanatics

Just want to make sure this is correct. I'm about 95% sure, but just want to throw it out to you guys and see what you think.

If you summon a new unit of skellies/zombies near a unit of goblins with fanatics, the fanatics come out in random directions, right?

After much deliberation, my opponent finally conceeded to this little fact and his fanatics tore through a couple of his own units positioned to the right and left of his gobbos.

Its a fun tactic, if its legal anyways.

Later,
    Servo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WCUServo
    Just want to make sure this is correct. I'm about 95% sure, but just want to throw it out to you guys and see what you think.

If you summon a new unit of skellies/zombies near a unit of goblins with fanatics, the fanatics come out in random directions, right?

After much deliberation, my opponent finally conceeded to this little fact and his fanatics tore through a couple of his own units positioned to the right and left of his gobbos.

Its a fun tactic, if its legal anyways.

Later,
    Servo
    This is correct. If something "magically appears" within 8 inches, whether it is teleportation, tunnelers, whatever, the fanatics are prematurely released in random directions. Also, as a side personal note, I hate night goblin armies. Sure they are super easy to beat, but that is a long game because of the massive size of the compulsary movement phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the initial release doesn't the player have a choice as to which direction they go, only the distance is random? From then on it's a random direction and distance.

The fanatics are being held down/back by their unit members until its time for release. Then the fanatics are shoved in the direction of the enemy. I read something like that in the codex

I think squigs break randomly right from the start though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I'm almost 100% positive that they still pop out towards the enemy. I've never heard of any rule that says if something appears randomly near them, that they have to come out randomly.

It's still a great tactic for a VC army, though, cause you can have a cheap little squad of skellies get wiped out by fanatics instead of a big block of Black Knights or something equally expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it says in the rules for fanatics (orc and goblin army book) that if an opponent appears closer than 8" away without being 8" away, so this is for like teleportation and tunneling teams and id imagine summons come under that because they didnt move to within 8" they appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Otsego
    On the initial release doesn't the player have a choice as to which direction they go, only the distance is random? From then on it's a random direction and distance.

The fanatics are being held down/back by their unit members until its time for release. Then the fanatics are shoved in the direction of the enemy. I read something like that in the codex
    if the goblins are caught by surprise, like mentioned above, then they just push them out anywhere
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can second that. WD BatRep Orcs vs Brettonians the Green Knight appeared within 8 inches of the Night Gobbos and I believe I remember them setting off in random directions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, check the O&G book, page 15. The fanatics will be released in a random direction when you summon within their 8" range.

+ Reply to Thread