Rise and feed my sons and daughters! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rise and feed my sons and daughters!

"Far to long have I slept. Now I rise when the meat is fresh. The towns guard low, the stench of life fills my pitch black lungs. I do not smell war but peace and soon it shall end."

I am useing this post for army list as well as info. My army list will be posted after I receive my information.

Greetings counts and lords and rotting corpses alike. I have started Vampire Counts. After very very long diliberation I've come back to fantasy to play along my 40k army. The one most greatest reason because of their supwirb (how bart simpson says superb) modles. I love the zombie modles the best.

I am starting a Necrarch army. The main question on my mind is how many necromancers do I need and how should I field them. Also how many zombie/skeletons do I need to start off with. I know I'll be buying one extra box of each to summon with.

Right now I have 20 zombies. I have 3.5 finished and they look quite nice. I learned at my local hobby store how to ink wash and it's a damn good way to paint.

Thank you for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Hey, why should I rise and feed your sons and daughters? Okay, sorry. The English teacher in me can't resist the humor in the difference a comma makes ("Feed me, my son" versus "Feed me my son").

Here's one recent discussion about troop size and other, related topics....

Unit size and army comp link (Unit Strength/Setup, and my picking at each unit...)

You might tool around some of the other VC posts to see what people have said.

As far as Necrarch go (and I've only experimented with them myself), if you want magic heavy, use two necromancers alongside the necrarch. Two necromancers plus a vampire is pretty standard for a vampire count army anyway, and with Necrarchs this gives you a really solid magic phase. But if you want to compensate for the fighting deficit, use one necromancer and two fighting heroes.

You'll want to start with two boxes of skeletons and two of zombies. What you field and what you summon will determine what you buy. I like to field two skeleton units, so I summon zombies. If I do field my zombies, then I summon skeletons, which isn't as reliable.

Hope that helped...

Here's another link:
    Another link! (Extra boxes of summons to buy...)
    Last edited by DavidWC09; April 6th, 2005 at 02:52. Reason: add another link
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 2000 points, you probably should start with around 2 zombie boxes, 2 skeleton boxes, and maybe 1 more depending on how well you stretch the boxes.

I personally think 2 necromancers is the "good" number for non-Sylvanian list at 2k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rise and feed my sons and daughters. That has nothing to do with your "english teacher" sentence. I never said "me."

Back to the post, topic at hand. Hand? Get it. Something zombies don't have. I'm so funny sometimes. I could break a leg. These are bad puns but eh.

I'm gonna start with a 1,000 point army list first. I was thinking 1 Necromancer and than 1 Thrall with Noble's Blood for my general that would be put in a unit of fully armoured skeletons.

I'm having a hard time deciding what I should use for my fast attack unit I was thinking Dire Wolves. I would would field along side the fully armoured skeletons a unit of 20 zombies and a unit of Grave Guards. Than to block my Grave Guard unit I would have 2 spirit hosts as a shield.

One last question for the post. The question is for a Grave Guard unit what would be a good choice of an Magic Standard be if any?

Once again thank you for your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

The best banners for your grave guards are the banner of the barrows and a simple war banner.

I don't know how your conversion skills are, but a necrarch thrall standard bearer or even a wight standard beaerr would benefit the army greatly... and fit in nicely with the theme too.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbog Elf Ater
    The best banners for your grave guards are the banner of the barrows and a simple war banner.

I don't know how your conversion skills are, but a necrarch thrall standard bearer or even a wight standard beaerr would benefit the army greatly... and fit in nicely with the theme too.
    I couldn't imagine taking Grave Guard without Banner of the Barrows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallan
    Rise and feed my sons and daughters. That has nothing to do with your "english teacher" sentence. I never said "me."
    and your "me" sentence has nothing to do with anything. re-read your "rise and feed" sentence a few times and you might get the joke.
    for your fast attack i'd suggest fell bats if you can over wolves. i've always found they've been far more effective aggainst me.
    also, if your playing Necrarch, drop the zombies as you'll have no trouble raising them. put the points into something un-raisable, mayhaps ghouls?
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So im scaning over the thread. Ya I get the joke now. Still feed my sons and daughters! They got to eat to ya know.

Question right off the bat (ha ha ha) first. What should my general be? Necromancer? I guess if my thrall will be a standard bearer. If my necromancer is my general does he need noble blood?

Heres a rough army list of unit names.

Necromancer

Thrall Standard Bearer on foot

Fully Upgraded Skeletons

Skeletons

Grave Guard

Fell Bats

Spirit Host

1 extra box of Skeletons to raise to keep the units up.

1 extra box of zombies to raise up.

That will be what my army list with mostly consist of in terms of what It's going to be based on. I think I might only summon zombies as they are far more easy to summon in complete units. Well they seem to be the better choice to summon for complete units anyway. To the quest In a 1,000 point army should I box 1 or 2 boxs of zombies?

Last questing for the night, (day for some of you) should I... o man I forgot the queston. <thinkin> <thinkin> O was gonna say what spells should I pick for my heros but those are random so instead what items would you recomend?

Thanks a bunch... again for all your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for who your general should be i'd vote the necro. your thrall will be in CC a lot, and thus easily swamped and taken down, causing a huge hole in VC units. inversely, your necro is a bit wussy, and a unit of tunnelers/flyers/fast calv could hunt him down, then rear/flank your crumbling units. so if you take a necro, mayhaps dedicate a unit to defending him, and if you take the thrall as your general, put more points into defending him as opposed to shiny weapons.
    hope it helps.
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 1000 pts Necrarchs make no sense (the worst thrall, I don't take it even at 2000 pts) as you get nothing in return for you Vampire's WS4. Try a Strigoi and 2 Necros for a total of 375 pts.
    At 2000 pts a Necrarch player needs 1 skeleton box and 2 zombie ones. On rare ocasions you may need 1 more of both. Zombies are all summoned, not fielded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast