Chaos....Enough said... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos....Enough said...

Okay, so my friend is makine a Chaos army with his friend, and I've been talking a little smack about my vampires. How couldn't I? They're so great. However, I did get a chance to look inside the Hordes of Chaos book, and frankly, I was a little worried. He is thinking of playing Undevided, with Slaneesh, and Khorne. Now, the Khorne part is bad, because it gives hinm magic resistance, and the Slaneesh have some sick magic. Now, I have confadance in my army, but I little advice would be helpful, even after finding out his Characters are equal to mine, and his Core Units (Has a mortal army) are close to characters in themselves. Also, It would be helpful if someone could tell me if the Mortal units are still effected by "fear". I couldn't find anything about it, but if so, that could give me yet another edge. :cool:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Hmm, I'm wondering if the Chaos question should be posed in the rules forum or in the Chaos section. If you do that, make sure you explain where all you've looked for the answer.

I've only played against Chaos a few times, all wins, but mainly because the guy is a 40K player at heart and doesn't put much thought into how he plays Warhammer. Plus, we've all learned to doublecheck his army lists. He's prone to running over points.

I beat him the way I beat any opponent. Flank and rear charges. If you don't do this, his warriors will make a laughing stock of your skeletons and zombies. His champions are tough, and while vampires are tough too, be wary of getting into challenges. If you're general is a necromancer, keep him far, far away from the action. Even a Chaos wizard will make short work of a necromancer, and a fighting hero...well, that wouldn't be pleasant to watch in the least.

Find out which units are frenzied, and use that frenzy against him. Some of the units do resist fear, I can't quite remember. One had a way to regain its frenzy over and over, even if beaten in combat. Read up on the frenzy rules in the psychology section of the rulebook.

Anyhow, good luck. Chaos is tough, but the armies are usually expensive and therefore small.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wel try to keep his khorne unit busy by summoning units they have to charge but take them away from the action.then you can focus on the undivided and slaanesh ones.slaanesh doesn't auto break from fear so you have to win by combat resolution to let them run.what is far from immposible because he might have 1 or 2 units of khorne doeing nothing as long as you don't want them to do anything.and marks wil mean he has even less guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Von_Carstein
    Okay, so my friend is makine a Chaos army with his friend, and I've been talking a little smack about my vampires. How couldn't I? They're so great. However, I did get a chance to look inside the Hordes of Chaos book, and frankly, I was a little worried. He is thinking of playing Undevided, with Slaneesh, and Khorne. Now, the Khorne part is bad, because it gives hinm magic resistance, and the Slaneesh have some sick magic. Now, I have confadance in my army, but I little advice would be helpful, even after finding out his Characters are equal to mine, and his Core Units (Has a mortal army) are close to characters in themselves. Also, It would be helpful if someone could tell me if the Mortal units are still effected by "fear". I couldn't find anything about it, but if so, that could give me yet another edge. :cool:
    That is tricky. Chaos Mortals, apart from Tzeetchians, have good Psychology defenses:

Mark of Chaos Undivided allows the bearers to reroll Psychology tests
    Mark of Slaanesh makes the bearers Immune to Psychology
    Mark of Khorne makes the bearers Frenzied, and thus Immune to Psychology
    Mark of Nurgle makes the bearers cause Fear, thus making them immune to Fear.
    Mark of Tzeentch doesn't offer any psychological protection at all.

I'd say the best way to go is to get the Slaaneshi stuck in combat, remove the Khronates' Frenzy and then Break them like you would do to any other unit.

Watch out for Chosen of Khorne with Two Hand Weapons, those guys have 4 attacks per Rank-and-File trooper...
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Vampires are better than chaos characters... You should be able to beat them. Chaos troops are very good and they have a high leadership, which is bad for our advantage of fear...

Luckily you will be outnumbering them, and I have faced Khorne before and still got magic off. Use a couple of bound items to absorb dice then you should be fine. Defence might be another matter... But you should be able to at least weather the worst of it.

Chaos is fairly slow, you have the advantage of magic to make you faster. The book of arkhan is a must, try to outnumber him and flank whenever possible. Suck away those frenzied troops, but watch out because you usually can't choose to flee from them. Zombie speed bumps would probably work well to put them in a position for you to flank them.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Use Zombie speed bumps with invocation, i use this against Every army, it slows them down, giveing you time to amnuver, and if you have any form of missile, from skeleton crossbows(if Sylvanian) or if you have some Knights with your general, FLANK HIIIIIM!!!

The Zombie speed bump tactic rocks
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use black knighs. Even the mightiest warriors of chaos cannot resist 3+ hit strength 6 attacks + a vampire or wight. I you can flank a flank attack with them (they breaks the enemy in other situations, too) you can destroy entire chaos army. Wolves , swarms and fell bats help you for this. Put a necromancer near this regiment , and give him a staff of damnation , and use it when your opponent doesn't expect. It's my blood dragon tactic against chaos.
    If wights strike , does not matter who they are attacking they will fall
    (exept night goblins But hell banneeer!)

+ Reply to Thread