Lords? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lords?

hello fellow Counts i am making this thread so all you guys can come forward and give your best characted killers and how they have fared against other Hqs in the past(no points limit btw)

For example: my Blood Dragon Lord:Nightmare, Barding, Lance, Red Fury, Master Strike, Strength of Steel, Heart Peircing. when he gets the charge(and he always does) he does 6 WS10 S8 attks with killing blow and he can re-roll misses, id like to c a khorne lord stand up to that ^_^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Fairly similar except on foot:

BD lord, great weapon, strength of steel, heart piercingh, red fury. Guess he could take master strike for KB as well...

6 weapon skill 10 strength 8 attacks on charge, reroll misses, keeps his high strength in subsequent rounds . Or with extra hand weapon instead he could have 7 s6 attacks, which is probably sufficient to kill a lot. Basically nothing can stand up to a blood dragon lord except perhaps a greater daemon or the odd special character, but you need to remember the vampire can heal himself with magic too. Hehehe

I generally find a Carstein (since I'm Sylvanian by nature) with either great weapon or second hand weapon works well enough to kill like crazy and should finish off most characters, crown of the damned goes a long way to help him survive too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Okay, here's my dilemma. My buddy is playing The Great Unclean One in a 2000 pts Nurgle army. With ten wounds, defeating it in combat seems a null possibility. Can you devise a Blood Dragon that could stand up against it?

Here's what I've come up with:
    A Blood Dragon Count on a Winged Nightmare. That alone is seven attacks. Here's how I equip him: a lance, shield, Sword of Striking, Heart Piercing, and the Obsidian Amulet. Now The Great Unclean one is a nasty foe. With all the wounds and a strength and toughness that both exceed the vampire's, bringing him down seems a rough task. The lance will give attacks strong enough to wound on the charge, and any misses will be rerolled. In subsequent rounds, the Sword of Striking will help make contact, especially with the rerolls. Also, since everyone knows that all demon attacks are considered magical, the obsidian amulet will give a strong ward save against any wounds; and the added MR will help a lot in the dispel phase.

Still the most detrimental stat for the vampire is the number of wounds, and I mean his own. 3 to 10 does not make for good odds, even if we can heal wounds. The Unclean One's WS is as good as the Blood Dragon's and at a really high strength. One round of strong rolling, and poof...there goes Count Marksen.

Should I just avoid the son of a witch all together? And, to make matters worse, he surrounds the thing with a Nurgling swarm. I'd have to draw them off somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

With a count, I wouldn't even try. Those nurglings are unbreakable, if they don't want to move then they won't. And don't forget his cloud of flies rule... Probably best not to try with a lord either.

I think you want to either ignore him and destroy the rest of the army or beat him with combat resolution, get a full unit in there against him with your count then all you should need to do is hurt him a little bit and ranks and banners will allow you to win, I think daemons suffer from instability and fall apart when they lose combat... You may need to hit another unit on his flank too, or try blasting him with magic a bit. This is one of the few times when a vampire might not be able to hold out on its own.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. I'll retool him for regular combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tie up the biggest nastiest stuff your opponent has with a bunch of zombies. VCs are not tooled out to take down the biggest baddest stuff out there (although we can, it's just not worth it), they are tooled up to swarm and hold.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

138 (x6)

Charecter killers?! well im going to be useing Neferata most of the time but here are my 2 counts.

Blood Dragon.Nightmare,barding,masterstrike,red fury, sword of battle,talisman of protection.

that way he gets 2 extra attacks, killing blow and a 2+ save,6+ward, pretty damn solid at WS 9

Lahminan,Quickblood,dominate,Sword of strikeing-not to good in cc but with her ability to stop opponents attacking and hit istandly, she can hold her own.

both are Lv2 mages.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04

Here's what I've come up with:
    A Blood Dragon Count on a Winged Nightmare. That alone is seven attacks. Here's how I equip him: a lance, shield, Sword of Striking, Heart Piercing, and the Obsidian Amulet. Now The Great Unclean one is a nasty foe. With all the wounds and a strength and toughness that both exceed the vampire's, bringing him down seems a rough task. The lance will give attacks strong enough to wound on the charge, and any misses will be rerolled. In subsequent rounds, the Sword of Striking will help make contact, especially with the rerolls. Also, since everyone knows that all demon attacks are considered magical, the obsidian amulet will give a strong ward save against any wounds; and the added MR will help a lot in the dispel phase.
    The line in bold isn't possible, if armed with a magic weapon you must use it. There's no other option. The only race that can use a mundane weapon followed by a magic one are Brets, they may use a lance on the charge then use magic weapons in following rounds.

KU

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    The line in bold isn't possible, if armed with a magic weapon you must use it. There's no other option. The only race that can use a mundane weapon followed by a magic one are Brets, they may use a lance on the charge then use magic weapons in following rounds.
    KU
    Okay, thx. That settles a mildly nagging question some of us have had. We thought that the lance was the exception, but I suppose someone had the Bret rule in the back of their mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does Master Strike work ona Great Unclean One? if it does take it, if you can get enough attacks then you are bound to get at least one six and then all those wounds will count for nothing, or better yet, save up your power dice and use hand of dust, with WS9 its almost always going to hit and the insta kill works on models of any size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast