So is there a new VC book coming out?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is there a new VC book coming out??

I am hearing mention of a new bloodline and other such things. Can it be? We undead are getting some touch ups or just some new toys?? :confused: :confused:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt you'll see either until the 7th Edition rulebook comes out (next year?). Vampire Counts was early in the rotation last time around so will be ripe for an early review again. I'm still not going to get excited though because we're still talking about 2006/7.

AR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Ridiculous
    I doubt you'll see either until the 7th Edition rulebook comes out (next year?). Vampire Counts was early in the rotation last time around so will be ripe for an early review again. I'm still not going to get excited though because we're still talking about 2006/7.

AR

7th Edition RB is coming out in 2007. VCs were one of the first codexes in 2007, and our Model Line hasn't really been updated too much since 5th Edition, so, I guess we'll be early in 7th Edition again. However, we are still a powerhouse, so who knows. I can almost guarantee you dwarves will be first or second.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Umm.... 5th ed models? WTF!!! You kidding me!! You got model updates this ed and in the latter parts of 5th when the Undead split into Vamps and mummies. This ed you got plastic skellies (the previous had metal command), GG, BK, Spirit hosts, Vampires, a new blood line.... anything else you'd like to add?

VCs aren't all that desperate for an undate, unless it's to tone them down. VCs are too powerful in certain cases. Dwarfs deserve an update due to the fact they were the third army released and they're not competitive enough for serious tourny play. etc

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    Umm.... 5th ed models? WTF!!! You kidding me!! You got model updates this ed and in the latter parts of 5th when the Undead split into Vamps and mummies. This ed you got plastic skellies (the previous had metal command), GG, BK, Spirit hosts, Vampires, a new blood line.... anything else you'd like to add?

VCs aren't all that desperate for an undate, unless it's to tone them down. VCs are too powerful in certain cases. Dwarfs deserve an update due to the fact they were the third army released and they're not competitive enough for serious tourny play. etc

KU
    Dwarves will be first. They better be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah 7th edition is a year or two away and Vampire Counts will most likely be early on from what I've heard, since their army book has been out a long time. But it is still several years down the track so I wouldn't be worrying about it now.

Our Vampires could use new models... And maybe a couple more. But I agree, we aren't the most in need of updates. Maybe the High Elves are? Or Dwarves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    Our Vampires could use new models... And maybe a couple more. But I agree, we aren't the most in need of updates. Maybe the High Elves are? Or Dwarves.
    I've heard rumors that dwarves will be first (or so close to first it's pretty much the same), which makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

or so close to first it's pretty much the same
    In 40k marines were first, 6 months later the second army (Tyranids) are close... <_<

The difference between first and second is significant, in fact the difference between any army releases is significant. GW is slow, hopefully because they are spending a lot of time on making them good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    In 40k marines were first, 6 months later the second army (Tyranids) are close... <_<

The difference between first and second is significant, in fact the difference between any army releases is significant. GW is slow, hopefully because they are spending a lot of time on making them good...
    Well they are trying to produce 4 major codexes/army books a year now, so depending on how they do them, they could release a large amount of Fantasy books in the first year of 7th edition if they chose to.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

138 (x6)

The talk of a new blood line was just my topic asking peoples ideas about what they would pick as a new line.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast