Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
hi, havnt been here for a while i am thinking of starting vampire counts and have a few questions before i start
1. what models from other armys represent ours the best , i was thinking of dark elf spearmen as grave guard or normal skellys
2. kinda like 1. but is there any models ican use to represent undead skellys or any good conversions to make ?
3. would it be ok to use tomb kings shields ? and where do you get coffin sheilds ?
4. is there anywhere to get slyvannians rules other than buying soc book ?
5. ... and urrr what was number 5... forgot ...dam o well sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times and they should be posted on the thinking of starting ... etc
1. Dark elf spearmen do indeed work pretty well, either as your whole army being just skeletons or one unit to be grave guard. Remember you want the GG to look better than the skeletons.
2. Pretty much any other boxed set can be combined with a box of skeletons and made to look god, the easiest and usually best are ones that are about the same size. Humans of any kind and elves are pretty easy to do and look good, while using chaos warriors may make the scrawny skellie bits look a bit weird and it would take a bit more effort to do something like Dwarves. Any can be done well though. Thats one of the things I love about VC.
3. You could use them I suppose, they do look a bit tombish but there would be no reason why some vampire wouldn't raise TK skeletons. The coffins are on some bits order thing on GW, but its probably best to just make them if you want them.
4. There sure is, its available on the GW site for free. Look at the start of the Sylvania tactica in the tactics section, there is a link there.
5. Can't help with this one I'm afraid, I don't know what number 5 was either.. :p Probably should be in the thinking of starting thread, but oh well. Its not like theres hordes of new threads everyday anymore, that is if there ever was..
ok thanks strewart now i tyhink i will start VC , o and anyone got any pictures of a/there converted army ?
o and the last thing ( this was question 5 ) how do you beat a lizardmen army with slann ????
Last edited by creme egg; June 5th, 2005 at 13:44.
you could make failry good grave guard conversions using the bretonian men-at-arms.
i also think that you could easily just chop the TK shields to make them look differant.
to beat an army with a slann:
1. have massive unit of either skeletons or black knights.
2. put your Vampire in that unit
3. give it the war banner
4. charge the slanns unit.
5. if you win combat, you will more than likely outnumber the unit therefore auto breaking it.
other methods include cannons, flank charges and playing bretonnians.
(things that are unfortunately not Vampire count)
basically to win a game against a slann lizrdmen army, just concentrate totally on killing the slann. because after that they will need to pretty much wipe you out to have nay chance of winning. (slann can yield a total of over 1000 victory points if killed)
Oh yeah, I have that too. Not painted yet, but on the way. Mixing Dark Elves with skeletons.o and anyone got any pictures of a/there converted army ?
Theres a couple of pictures of my Vampires floating around too, but they didn't come out great so I won't bother finding them. Eltharion was one, a Mordheim vamp was another, and I scratch built the third using elvish bits, a double ended sword made from HE spear arms, and khorne berzerker head (for the sharp teeth) with green stuff hair.
I've never faced a Slann before... I would say either do as mentioned above, or completely ignore the thing and just focus on the rest of his army. Probably taking out the Slann would be a better option, especially in the magic phase.
gotta be quick but which of these will work better in 1000pts army with 2 necros , 2 units of 20 skeles 2 units of 5 dires and 19 grave guard
sword of kings
blood dragon thrall
Don't post stats or rules. - KU
Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; June 5th, 2005 at 16:21.
Take the thrall, maybe with the flayed hauberk and a great weapon. He's much tougher and stronger than the wight lord.