Apendix armys - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apendix armys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apendix armys

I was taking a look at the necromancer army list in the back of the VC codex. Its so cheap. EVERYTHING...so cheap.

I was thinking. Is it because you can;t take advantage of the Vampires and their bloodline powers? Does that even matter. If yoiu have 4 necromancers(one in a master) do you really have any need for a vampire. that is a hugh amount of power dice.

I know the list is realy cool, but do you guys think the list is to unfair or does the cheap price balance the no vampire-ness?

what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think that as the list is designed there's a big trade off, and it's the one you mention: no vampires.

Of course, you realize that the list is not legal and requires opponent's consent before being played. It's in there with the lists. The explanation given is that there was no time to play-test the list before publication.

Personally, I like it, and if it were legal, it'd be the way to go when fielding a necromancer army.

And more power dice means more miscasts. That's one downside of so much magic...maybe the only downside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Just using the normal VC list and making all your characters Necros (ie. playing Necromancer Lords instead of Vampire Counts, as some, including me, put it), you're going to frustrate your opponent to no end.

How? An ENDLESS wave of dead, dancing meat with glowing eyes swamps them, growing and growing no matter how much they kill. That's just not fun.

So, if you play Necromancer Lords, please, out of respect to your opponent, take at least one of the mages with the Lore of Death.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no i refuse...lol

I guess your right.

Im just wondering abou the list because Im starting a Warbands Campain with my friends and an escalation leauge at the GW Bunker. I wanted to know if the list seems balanced pricewise. I want to use it since i can get more zombies in a 250 point list.

what do yiou guys think of the other apendix army's in the game. what do you guys think of a warbands league using apendix armies?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Do a search (advanced search in the VC forum) for "warband". There's been a couple of threads on the topics, as well as some sample lists.

I recommend a necro for your band leader. Summoning new troops at such a low point game is a tremendous advantage for VC players.

I've never seen a league using only appendix armies. I'd want the rule to be very specific if I was involved in one. For instance, SoC lists are not appendix lists. But I don't know why it wouldn't work. If I were palying that way, I'd go with the necro list since units are so much cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no no i didn't mean an apendix ONLY campain. I meant ALL armies are welcome. ALL apendix ALL SoC ALL codex ALL White Dwarf, chronicals And even ravining hoards.

You see I was reading into the rules. and they suggested that the warband leagues be used to try new army types. so people can try something they never had. I hope it works out.

+ Reply to Thread