How good are VC heroes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How good are VC heroes?

ive come under the immperssion that they are the best heroes in the game... is that true? I can believe it but there is alote of other heroes that i havent even seen yet.

tnks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I heard that a lot too when I first started playing WH last November. And after playing these months, buying army books, and using Army Builder, I can say that vampire lord level characters are among the best in the game. The heroes aren't that much better. The lords stats are really strong, but compared to an orc lord or lizardman lord, they're on par or even less in certain stats, like number of attacks.

I think the big advantage is that each of them can be healed and the bloodline powers really boost things. And causing fear and immune to psych are nice, but we pay for all those things in points.

So better than many? Yes. Better than all? No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

I would still say better than most, the toughness 5 and natural high strength makes them deal a lot of damage easy and soak up pain.

From my experience, there is maybe one or two characters tooled up properly that can beat a blood dragon vampire lord at full strength, and my thralls have stood against lords on several occasions and either won or at least lived to tell the tale. You should expect to be able to take on most things with vampires, mine have never failed me so far and I only use Carsteins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are on par with Chaos and Lizardmen IMO, but remember that warhammer isn't a 'whos got the biggest nuts contest', but a contest of who has the best 'army'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Big big walnuts sure can help, especially when your peanuts are all rather small, and mostly without salt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

One tought nut to crack is the Anointed, when armed with a Great Weapon, given the Heart-stone of Darkness and the following Daemonic Gifts: Quickening Blood, Soporific Musk.
    Possibly mount the fiend on a Steed of Slaanesh.

It's a nasty bugger all right...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are good but definetely not the best. *SOme* u know awaht i'm talking about...(bloodthirster....etc.) but they can be tooled up to take on the most powerful lords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, definitely. Best? Definitely not. Against heroes from Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos they lose out, and are about even with Dwarfen and Orc heroes.
    Last edited by Revlid; December 4th, 2005 at 16:47.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid
    Good, definitely. Best? Definitely not. Against heroes from Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos they lose out, and are about even with Elven, Dwarfen, and Orc heroes.
    I disagree there. A vampire count or lord will take out an elf any day, barring poor dice rolls. Dwarfs will put up a tough fight with their own his S and T. Same with Orcs. Lizardmen properly tooled up can be devastating but they're almost always slower to attack and have a lower WS, making them easier targets. Ogre can be nasty, but that's what great weapons are for. Chaos, a blood dragon can go toe to toe with, and I'd call it a toss. It'd depend on the kit and the dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Hell yeah, Vampires PWN Elves any day of the week.

I'm pretty sure they can beat most orcs too, Ogres they can have a bit of trouble with it depends on how they are equipped as to whether a tyrant can beat one. Not sure about Dwarves, haven't really tried them..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast