can i summon more? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can i summon more?

Okay i know that this post will probably be answerd quite quickly and that i personally fell that i know the answer to this question, but here it is. If i play a game with my necromancers and i play with lets say 15 skeletons in a group. Could i summon more skeletons in that group ti make about twenty?

You havent seen the light of the Emperor till you have seen the Darkness. We Eldar will exploit your fears. Be ready to die......

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Sure you can. Just be sure to read the rules in your codex on Invocatoin so that you know the difference between adding to an existing unit and summoning a new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there no limit to summoning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, you need the models though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

There are limits to how many models can be initially fielded, but no limits to what you can raise. Osaria's right that you need the models, to be "legal". This matters really for GW sanctioned tourneys more than anything. For friendly games, most people will use dice to display a count of how many models are there, in addition to the ranks up front. I've done this even when I had the models because it was near the end of a game and neither my opponent nor I wanted to take the time to set up another 14 models or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah using dice is a hell of a lot easier than ranking up an extra 15 models or so.. Another thing we do if we have the models is sometimes just pile them up behind the main 20 in ranks without ranking them..

The only limit to summoning is how many spells you can get off during the game. I've ended up doubling my numbers during the course of a game occasionally... Certainly hits the morale of your opponent lol.

+ Reply to Thread