My Vampire Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Vampire Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

My Vampire Lord

Von Carstein Vampire Lord, level 3, great weapon, crown of the damned, earth bind, aura of dark majesty, book of arkhan.

I've named him Draken Von Carstein. I'll hopefully be working on some fluff of how he acquired his items, I have thoughts of going into a cave/tomb to get the crown, and I might think of stuff for what he was when alive too.. Just today I stuck his crown on, which I'm not too fond of TBH, but it sort of works. So far, he has never died in battle and made achievements such as defeating an ogre unit including Tyrant that charged him and wiped most of his unit pretty fast, defeating a unit of cold one DE knights that once again charged him (flank too) including slaughtering the noble, and he cuts through HE Princes easily. Just thought I'd post my lord setup and if I get round to it the fluff will follow in this thread..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Yid you notice that there is a mold line on the skull on top of it's head?

Aside from me being ansane when it comes to mold lines on special characters... Did you notice that the blade looks like it needed to be sharpened (my only problem with metal models is that they don't hold that nice crisp edge that well)?

Darnit, I'm sorry. I do actually like the model just those are the things that always catch my eye and make me spasm about. But yes, it is, aside from that, a very nice model with a pretty good paint job on it (better than I could do ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the conversion, great job. Do you have special troops to rank up next to him in units? I found that to be my only problem with this model, I had a hard time fitting him into units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Yes, he's an absolute b*tch to rank up.. lol I have a few skeletons coming out of the ground, when facing the right way they sometimes fit, and some zombies without arms or heads so they do with a bit of a struggle. I made my units before getting this guy though, so the next lot I make I'll probably have a few models right on the edge of their base to fit him in.

Yid you notice that there is a mold line on the skull on top of it's head?
    Yep, I decided to leave it there and see how it looked because the crown is metal not flesh, so it would have had to be constructed maybe in two parts, and the green mould I painted on went there perfectly. Not sure if I like it or not though..

Did you notice that the blade looks like it needed to be sharpened (my only problem with metal models is that they don't hold that nice crisp edge that well)?
    The edge you can see in the bottom two pics is meant to be blunt, the blade has only one side. And it is plastic not metal. I took it off the DE warrior sprue.

His crown is a little pointy washer BTW, I was using them at work and thought it might be the right size and shape for a crown since I'd been trying to figure out how to make one for a long time, and it was.

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Errant Squire

if you think that model will get i hard time fitting in in a unit, then take a look at my vampire count ...

http://www.paintingclinic.com/images...sfinished2.JPG

THAT model is difficult to place in a regiment

AND
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my units will only align in one way, hence why I haven't played any away games :p

It's awful sitting there for hours trying to work out which way to arrange things...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely beautiful conversions

Do you mind telling us how you did it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Sure, it was easier than it may seem too..

First I grabbed this Mordheim Vampire (last one in my city too, I was lucky since Aus isn't stocking Mordheim in GW anymore ) and you can't really tell from the pic, but his sword is pathetically small. Maybe the length of his torso? I can't remember, I've lost it now..

So I got a DE sword arm, hacked the arm off leaving the hand and stuck it on. Nice big sword to use as a great weapon.

For the crown, I cut of the top bit of his head and made it flat then used a little metal washer (a bit like the second diagram in this pic) and with a bit of green stuff attached it. Then I got a spare skull from my skellie sprues, the one with the mouth open, and cut the bottom jaw off as well as a bit of the back of the head and GS and glued it in place.

I was trying to make it look like the skull was trying to push its way out of the crown, hense crown of the damned (read it's description in the VC book) but I don't think I achieved that very well... A bit of bottom jaw showing would probably have been better, but it was too big to fit in the small gap.

Painting the crown was simply jade green with brazen brass then shining gold drybrushed on top.. Very simple, and makes a nice mould effect, I've done the same thing on a few models now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by And

if you think that model will get i hard time fitting in in a unit, then take a look at my vampire count ...

http://www.paintingclinic.com/images...sfinished2.JPG

THAT model is difficult to place in a regiment
    Great model. Yeah I see what you mean.

+ Reply to Thread