Equipment for characters(necromancers especially) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equipment for characters(necromancers especially)

Hey guys, Im begining a Blood dragons army with a Vampire count, two necromancers and one wight lord. Im not sure yet what to equip but heres what im thinking ...

Blood Dragons Count-lvl2
    obsidian amulet
    blood drinker

Wight Lord------------------------or -----------Vamp thrall- red fury
    Sword of the kings -----------------------------biting blade
    cursed sheild of mousilion ----------------------enchanted sheild(+heavey armour)

Necromancer-lvl2
    Power familiar

Necromancer-lvl2
    book of arkhan
    dispell scroll

wondering what to do about the count, i really want the blood drinker but is it worth it?

As you can probably tell i have no experience at all, so Id really appreciate any thing you more experienced counts can throw at me, my force is going to be primarily skelletons and grave guard and im going to focus on the count for combat and im looking to give myself a prescence in the magic phase with my necromancers
    Thanks for replys

Last edited by EmperialZealot; September 6th, 2005 at 10:40.
    <span style='color:black'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Order Of the black Rose</span></span>
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Acolyte</span></span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperialZealot

Vamp count-
    full plate armour
    Blood drinker sword
    Obsidian Amulet
    enchanted sheild

Wight Lord-
    Sword of the kings
    cursed sheild of mousilion

Necromancer-
    Black periapt
    dispell scroll

Necromancer-
    black periapt
    dispell scroll
    You can only have one black periapt. I'd drop the periapt and the dispel scroll for the power familiar. It will replace the lost power die that comes with having a blood dragon count and it will add one dispel die, to help offset the lost scroll. In fact, I'd drop the periapt altogether. The book of arkhan is much more useful. Keep the dispel scroll, add the book.

You'll want all magic users to be level two.

A blood dragon thrall is far superior to a wight lord. Stronger and a much higher weapon skill, and access to blood dragon powers. Worth the points, IMO.

At 2000 pts, make a decision. Most BD players want GG and/or BKs because they're perfect fluff for that kind of vampire's army. Personally, I'd say take only one of the two: 20 GG or 5 or so BK. Some people play with both, but they're a huge point sink taken together. And your raising power is a bit more limited than other VC armies since you're playing blood dragon. That means you can't rely on summoning every skeleton or zombie you want. Starting with more means ending with more.

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

im sure that your lords equipment exceeds the 100 pts allowed, with 5 pts...

AND
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right you are AND, right you are.....

thanks for the tip
    i will amend this at once
    <span style='color:black'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Order Of the black Rose</span></span>
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Acolyte</span></span>

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I would suggest not taking the blood drinker as you can heal yourself with Invocation of Nehek!!

I would suggest the following combo:

Blood Dragon Count Lv2
    Full Plate Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
    Red Fury, Crown of the Damned, Heart Piercing

You still have 10 points to spare, but this guy rocks!!
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread