The Vampire Counts' Arsenal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

The Vampire Counts' Arsenal

Edit: Moved to "Playing With" sticky at top.

Last edited by DavidWC09; September 25th, 2005 at 04:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you have done pretty good work man It will be very useful for my next battle. I don't play VC's normally, but me and my friend will switch armies once, and he is VC. This thread will help me chose good magic items.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've made me consider some of the magic items that i never really looked at, thanks!
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face... for ever."

And
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

very nice job there

thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Hell, I even just copied the name from And - so it's all his fault! :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Tanks, all. My goal is to write a full blown tactica over the next few weeks. I've always wanted to, but to do it right takes a lot of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot about the Gem of Blood. This little item is great in my opinion. it basically gives you an extra wound (although a 1 in 6 chance of screwing you double). I like taking it on my Necrarch vampire count, combined with the Armour of Bone. That basically gives you TWO EXTRA WOUNDS for your character in combat. Now, these items are a little dicey, and can fail you once in a while, but I find it makes my Necrarch more resilient in H-T-H, and makes me more willing to thrust him into combat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by untitledmike
    You forgot about the Gem of Blood. This little item is great in my opinion. it basically gives you an extra wound (although a 1 in 6 chance of screwing you double). I like taking it on my Necrarch vampire count, combined with the Armour of Bone. That basically gives you TWO EXTRA WOUNDS for your character in combat. Now, these items are a little dicey, and can fail you once in a while, but I find it makes my Necrarch more resilient in H-T-H, and makes me more willing to thrust him into combat.
    Yah, it's up there. You must of skimmed past it. Anyhow, I agree with you. It's a good item, and I'm taking it on my BD lord this next time, along with the black axe of krell, and rerolling hits. I usually don't take a lord, but I just wanted to do for the heck of it. Plus, a lord seems like less of a risk with the gem of blood. If he flops the roll, he'll only be down to two wounds.

So you like the armour of bone? How does it work for you? It seems like the armour save would be failed most of the time, even against str 3 or below attacks. Against str 4 or above, it'd fail most of the time. But I can see how on a necrarch it could be good.

As for necrarchs, I try to keep them away from characters. I'll let them fight rank and file but avoid characters all I can, even with toughness 5 and IoN to heal him.

But I see your point. I hadn't considered that combo in particular. Discounting two wounds is like starting with five wounds instead of three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, i see i now, my mistake.

but yes, i find he is really good to attach to some black knights and send them at some regular troopers. no, he can't take on other close combat heroes, but he's still pretty good at taking out most troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

That's an excellent guide. I look forward to see your full tactica.

On the topic of the power stone. I find that it is most useful in smaller games in which you only have one magic user (a single necromancer perhaps), where the ability to cast 2 moderately high cost spells in one turn and surprise your opponent can come into great use.

Anyways, keep up the good work David!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I updated my post with the partial tactica. I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions. What have I overlooked? Am I missing some perspective?

Anyhow, it's a long read, so feel free to comment on specific parts.

:p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast