What if an Ogre were given the Blood Kiss? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

What if an Ogre were given the Blood Kiss?

Seriously. Why are all the Vampires former humans? There's the whole Nehekhara thing, yes, but come on! What if an Orc drank from that chalice instead? Or a Dwarf? Or a Halfling, Elf, Lizardman, Skaven, etc.? Just imagine a vampiric Ogre. He'd have a statline like a god!

Is it because the blood in the Blood Kiss is human, and therefore only works on humans? What if a Snotling were to read whichever of Nagash's Big Bad Books of Death Cheatin' that Neferata read and was then possessed by a similarly crazy spirit?

Anyone have an opinion, or am I just rambling?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vampiric ogres........ nice, as long as they were on my time of ofcourse :p

im not sure why vampires can only be humans, i dont play VC, but i spose if u had for example vampiric ogres theyd be just too good, imagine summoning a unit of ogres right behind ur enemys line..... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

What if a Vampire took the blood kiss? Vampire lord squared! Oo

It probably is just balance, and not making things over complicated. I mean, as well as having all the blood lines we also get to choose species? Thats a hell of a lot of options.

Though if you want to convert your vampires from other races and just use the normal statlines anyway, maybe their power is limited by the magic so they can't become uber, then go for it. Two of my vampires are elvish, and theres a GW HE converted to undead army which uses Tyrion as a base for a vampire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

im not sure why vampires can only be humans, i dont play VC, but i spose if u had for example vampiric ogres theyd be just too good, imagine summoning a unit of ogres right behind ur enemys line..... lol
    I totally agree. It would be awesome to have vampires of different races, but ya, way too powerful.

Seeing as how a vampire is a human on crack, just think about how abuse an ogre on crack would be, hehe.

Maybe if you made a goblin into a vampire he would be up to par with an empire swordsman though, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

I'd like a Snotling Thrall, just to anger the purists .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The vampire profile could really represent any humanoid (human size, 2 arms, 2 legs) race, such as elves. It's really a matter of opinion. If you want an elvish vampire, who can stop you? It'll be the same size and the stats fit so it should be fine.

Now a vampiric ogre would'nt be so easy to include as the rules represent a humanoid vampire. It's likley ogres can become vampires (that is to say if another vampire thought one was worthy), but base and stat difference could cause problems when you place them on the table and say what they are...
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face... for ever."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I though it was something to do with their genetics, like how there aren't any crossbreeds in fantasy (thank god... half-orcs=bluuurgh...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one game where I tried to give a lizardmen player's skink priest the blood kiss with neferata however, I embarrasingly failed to kill the damn skink in close combat in the last round of the game.

"I curse you with my name - you shall be Skinkula! Vampire, a creature, a living fiend. You will be doomed never to know that sweet blood which will become your only desire."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well think about it, a vamp feeds on blood. Now an ogre eats a helluva lot and then he also needs to injest blood. Not the whole empire would provide a vamp ogre with enough blood to survive the week.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

I think there would be plenty of blood for him..

But think about the type of blood. Ogres have green blood or something weird like that don't they? The substance in it could be all wrong for a vampire to feed on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast