Vamps vs WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vamps vs WE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vamps vs WE

next weekend im playing a wood elf player in 1700 pts i know he's using 8 treekin and a treeman us VC's dont really have anything to counter that so i need to know wat should i put against theres tree beasts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me rephrase this have any of u VC's played the new WE and if so watd u take to beat them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I haven't played against WE, but I run both VC and WE. This is what I'd say.

Treekin are T5 and a Treeman is T6. So the trick, it seems to me, is finding ways to wound creatures that tough. Black Knights on the charge could hurt either, as the knights would have Str 6 on the charge. Also, a thrall with a great weapon could hurt them, and if you gave him the flayed hauberk, he'd have a good chance of saving any wounds they cause. And remember: forest spirits ward saves work only against magical attacks. The thrall's attack with a great weapon could be saved (unless you took the black axe of krell, but then you couldn't have the flayed armor), but black knights' attacks count as magical. Come to think of it, Grave Guard with halberds would have Str 5.

The downside to BKs and GGs is that they are so expensive in small games.

If you're lucky, you'll run for the magic missile spell, but that's a big if.

You could summon speed bump units to mislead TM and TK, taking them more or less out of the game.

Here's another thought: Today I played against Ogres and since I was making the list last minute, I knew what to take, so I got a wraith. I've never really liked terror, but against the ogres, it made me fear causing, and I broke his general's unit and ran them down. It was awesome. So maybe a terror causing model? Well, actually I don't think that will work as forest spirits are ItP. Never mind :wacko: And a wraith could be hit by forest spirits' magical attacks.

A black coach is a huge point sink and would only have a chance to wound on the charge, which is iffy.

So that's tough, but neither of his units gets ranks, and if you swamp him with rear and flank charges, you can break the treekin. The treeman is stubborn, but mine failed three leadership tests in a row one game so even one of those monsters can be taken care of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordBronzebeard
    let me rephrase this have any of u VC's played the new WE and if so watd u take to beat them
    simple answer will be Spritit Host. IF he is fielding that much treekin, then just delpoy your amry in a bowl shap. Only do this if you are fielding more units than him. Watch out for life lore. Ignore tree singing, and dispel the nasty life spells.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shen
    simple answer will be Spritit Host. IF he is fielding that much treekin, then just delpoy your amry in a bowl shap. Only do this if you are fielding more units than him. Watch out for life lore. Ignore tree singing, and dispel the nasty life spells.
    Forest spirits have magical attacks and will be eaten up by dryads, treekin, and a treeman. If I used them, it'd be against the elves only. Keep them out of contact with tree creatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the tips i decided to send a big unit of zombies and a vamp thrall w/ great wpn at em
    that should keep em busy while the rest of my army eats the elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o and wat would u say to me sending bat swarms at them that should tie em up but are they unit strength 5 er wat?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Bat swarms would be good because they can catch skirmishers. Normally, I dont take them but against a very mobile army like WEs, they can serve a good function. No, as flyers, they don't have unit size five. All flyers have US 1. And they don't negate ranks, which would only matter against Eternal guard or ranked Glade Guard. But with five wounds and five attacks, they're handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty for the response but do u think they could hold up treekin on the side i think they could w/ only one treekin attacking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

It depends on how many swarms you use. Three or so treekin would eat them up, but if you hit a flank with a large enough unit, then you're good to go for a while, although you wouldn't gain a flank bonus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast