resurrection of Nagash - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

resurrection of Nagash

hey all, first, i apologize if this thread is redundant. I played WHFB for several years, but quit right about the time the undead was split into TK and VC (5th ed? or was it 4th?) anywasy, at the time, i played a Nagash army, led by the same (still think he was the most broken special character ever) and when the split happened, i seem to recall them saying something about a 3 way split. 2 of the incarnations we have now, but the 3rd, which i assume was the armies of nagash, have never been brought back to life (yeah i know). so my question is, how do i go about making a nagash army? do i just use the VC list and not take any vampires? In the book it mentions in the index the bloodlines, as well as those commanded solely by necromancers, but then nothing more is said that i can find. i noticed there is a necro codex in the works in the forums, but i want something that i could take to a tourney if i so desire. again, please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but i couldnt find any answers to my satisfaction. i can;t even find out what the new story on nagash is, fluff-wise. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Armies: Dark Eldar
    Space Wolves

(I don't like armies people actually play/write codexes for)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Punishment
    hey all, first, i apologize if this thread is redundant. I played WHFB for several years, but quit right about the time the undead was split into TK and VC (5th ed? or was it 4th?) anywasy, at the time, i played a Nagash army, led by the same (still think he was the most broken special character ever) and when the split happened, i seem to recall them saying something about a 3 way split. 2 of the incarnations we have now, but the 3rd, which i assume was the armies of nagash, have never been brought back to life (yeah i know). so my question is, how do i go about making a nagash army? do i just use the VC list and not take any vampires? In the book it mentions in the index the bloodlines, as well as those commanded solely by necromancers, but then nothing more is said that i can find. i noticed there is a necro codex in the works in the forums, but i want something that i could take to a tourney if i so desire. again, please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but i couldnt find any answers to my satisfaction. i can;t even find out what the new story on nagash is, fluff-wise. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Remember Stigmar did kill Nagash. How great can he be =). You are right he was one of the most busted special characters.

Vampire Counts recieved the short end of the staff from the Older Codex. Most of Nagash Items and Fluff went to Tomb Kings. I suggest you look to them first if you want to model after the old undead. We are almost complete different from the older army. We lack any of the old shooting elements. Mummies, Plague Carts, even Carriors were more tailoried to Tomb Kings. Vampire & Wights is the pretty much the only thing we carried over.

You can build necromancers list with out vampires, although without Vampire you will find you units lacking in brute power. You can always take Necrachs Blood Line, The Magic heavy blood line, and supply it with necromancers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

I think VC would be better because Nagash was a necromancer.. Since he was a fair good fighter as well you could use the rules for a Vampire Lord to represent him.

Also, there is still rumour of a Rise of Nagash campaign in the next year or two. GW said after SoC that he was 'too powerful' to have a model and rules again, maybe he'll get an army anyway...
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

One of the recent US WD's had a very undead"ish" army list in it. It described new units and stuff and brought back things such as mummies. This could be a precursor to the old Undead army and I actually am desperately hoping that something similar to the old Undead list will be released with the new army book.

You might want to take a look at that magazine if you are looking to play a Nagash type army. I'm not sure how well it will match up with your ideal, but hopefully it will come close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you referring to WD 308-310? with the heinrich keimler(sp?) army list? if so, your right, it is a lot closer to what i was looking for, though i would like something that can be used outside of friendly battles.
    I like this rumor of a campaign, hopefully more info will become available on that.
    Last edited by Corporal Punishment; March 14th, 2006 at 19:03.
    Armies: Dark Eldar
    Space Wolves

(I don't like armies people actually play/write codexes for)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Oh ok, good. You know about it already.

I didn't realize that this was for other than friendly games, so yeah, I guess you'll have to find a way to make a list within the current two "undead" armies.

I think your own suggestion was the best: Use the VC list and don't take any vampires... Or DO take a vampire and use the "counts as" rules and say that your vampire is actually something else while still using the rules for it. I only say this last part because a VC list without Vampires is really hard to do well. I've seen my friends try it and I typically crush them mercilessly with my Dwarves and Beastmen.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know... if you really wanted nagash ... take a necrarch vamp lord... use a sweet looking semi nagash lookin model and call him nagash hes a strong catserjust liek nagash would be... I think itd be cool and well themed
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

The likelyhood of a returned Nagash being added to the Vampire Counts army is slim, simply because he would take it over.

It was the absence of his background that allowed Games Workshop to focus on the known Vampire Bloodlines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    GW said after SoC that he was 'too powerful' to have a model
    Too Powerful?!?! I can't believe that, yeah he would be a kick ass necromancer and okay in a scrap but look at other special character and you could say the same thing. Lord Kroak, almost 1300 point (I think) and Zach the Everling, rides a zombie dragon, (he's pushing 1200 points).

As for a proxy type character you could use in friendly games with friends permission... just use Zach the Everling on foot (point cost available in Vampire Counts Army Book). Seems like a good solution to the probelm until GW do decide if he should be allowed back onto the fields of war.

Ps I'd never let you use Zach he is way too powerful, mebbe play you once then when you finish the game with four time more models than you started with I would refuse to play you again.

Col

+ Reply to Thread