Vampires and Tomb Kings help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Vampires and Tomb Kings help!

Hi, i'm interested in collecting vampire counts but the only army i'll be able to vs will be tomb kings. I know next to nothing about fantasy and I know they are both undead. So my question is... are tomb kings and vampire counts similar? I don't want to start an army with the same tactics and overall theme as my only opponent as that would soon get boring.

Or are vampire counts completely unique?

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

As both armies are undead and follow the undead rules, they are similar. They do have enough differences to play quite differently and have unique advantages and disadvantages though. Both will be relying fairly heavily on magic..

All undead games usually do tend to get a bit boring though, both armies try to win by breaking their opponent with CR and fear rather than killing and neither armies core are very good at killing. You'll have a bunch of undead troops sitting in a stalemate with each other.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I agree with Strewart. My least fun games have been VC against VC or VC against TK. Each army's perks are cancelled out. Fear doesn't matter, autobreaking the enemy doesn't matter. The games seem to go like this:
    I kill 5 of his guys. He kills 5 of mine. I raise five back, he resurrects his 5. And on and on and on. It becomes a game of kill the general.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

However, VC tend to do better as in my experience we have more stuff that actually kill alot of models, well undead models

VC can raise back units at a faster rate.
    VC have units that is more adept killing undead(ghouls, knights... even fell bats works).

They have their shooting but VC have a good way of countering this(especially strigoi/carstein who can summon new units behind the opponent battle line).

In short, most battle I´ve seen VC vs TK have gone in VCs favour
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Funny, I'd put my bet on TK for the same reasons... Scorpions, Ushabti and especially chariots are great killers, plus with the unrelenting TK magic they should be able to get the upper hand in what is one of the most important bits for both armies. Depends on the generals I suppose.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    Funny, I'd put my bet on TK for the same reasons... Scorpions, Ushabti and especially chariots are great killers, plus with the unrelenting TK magic they should be able to get the upper hand in what is one of the most important bits for both armies. Depends on the generals I suppose.
    Very true, they can be a pain(especially Chariots I´ve found).

Scorps: they suffer from the undead rule alot since the VC player will plently of ranks(banner + musican etc). Much like lone characters are vulnerable to crumbling due to CR.

Chariot: while being very fast(and likely to charge) they are neither very tough nor have a good save. They probably will have character with them but if they dont annihale the unit they are charging their combat prowess is drastically reduced.

Ushabti: These are pretty damn tough and probably the 2nd thing that should be taken out(after the chariots, if not before...).

So basicly what I mean is VC can swell their ranks which TK only can heal theirs aswell as being already outnumbered by the VC forces at the start of the battle.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

My brother collects tombkings so I have played a few of these kinds of battles, they are normally quite close becasuee it is very hard to actually destroy the enemy, I advise tryinjg to kill his general with a very hard unit of Blackknights and a Blodddragon, careful though becaseu you can't ressurect that unit.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no offense to you TK players... but TK suck A LOT lol. chariots dont do ANYTHING to your undead at all!!!!! The key with chariots is tomake the enemy flee when they charge or else they are dead.... TK chariots reeeeally wont be able to do that because they arent gonan run away then its VC turn and you get a charge in the flank and the infantry gets a whole whack of bonuses for combat res... ushabtis shouldnt be that are to take care of... charge them with ur BK or see how well a unit of armoured skellies with a direwolf flank unit handles them... The scorpions... what do they do?? burrow under ground and attack anywhere they want? or at the tables edge? yeah I must admit thats kinda nasty but hey... they have to have at least one unit thats are to beat
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Canadian
    no offense to you TK players... but TK suck A LOT lol
    No offence to you, but you've obviously never seen a real TK general in action and are thinking merely from the theory hammer point of view.

My best win ever was with TK, my opponent surrendered near the start of turn 3. Several people I know call TK cheesy.

They do suffer in smaller games, and are fairly hard to use under 2k and especially under 1k, but get the army size up a bit and they're brilliant.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, I've seen Tomb Kings kick butt. In fact, I've seen them kick my butt. Those capatults firing in the magic phase are ugly, and being cursed after killing a character can really bite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast