Against the undead - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against the undead

I'm not happy about this. My friend used to play empire and all the time I woul beat him with my undead army. But know he is collecting Tomb kings. I don't know how Im going to beat him as all the bonuses of my troops are negated.

He's using an all chariot army of 2000 points with 2 screaming skull catapults (are 2 of these allowed as 1 rare choice? as I think there is some cheating going on) He might also field a unit of skeletons on horses with bows, but he is going ot use tomb guard to match my grave guard. He has 20 tomb guard.

The olny thing I'm certain of is im going to outnumber him. But how will I beat him? I have

Vampire count-
    2 necromancers
    2 units of 20 skeletons
    40 zombies
    10 dire wolves
    1 spirit host of 4 bases
    1 unit of 20 grave guard
    3 fell bats
    and a banshee.

Which bloodline shall I use? Hoow should I equip my general?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

You need to kill his general. My first thought is to take a BLood Dragon, which would make pretty quick work of his general, but then you suffer in the magic phase. Still, you get the same dispel dice, which is what matters playing against TK. A Von Carstein with the crown of the damned would be a good choice, too.

I'd look to use fell bats and dire wolves to take out catapults early. Then I'd go after his general and spellcasters.

The advatange you have is being able to raise new units. You must win combat resolution, which means flank and rear charges.

As for his tomb guard, I'd just swamp them with zombies and let your grave guard go off on something else.

The banshee is pointless.

I don't think you ever need more than three SH bases. They are great for tangling up chariots. Ghouls poisoned attacks are good for slowing down chariots too.

Add a thrall for the purposes of adding CR and taking out enemy characters.

How does he use his chariots? Can you break up his battle formation so that they can't work in unison?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incidentally, no you can't take two SSC for onne rare, but in 2000 points that shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo... no offense to your friend but he is lame.... If he plays you often why would he take TK? can you say BOOOORING just hammer the crap out of him TK suck anyway you shoul dhave no problem after his catapults are gone... to be honest chriots are THE worst thing to put against a unit of skeletons..."ohhh no you killed 7 (he got lucky lol).... you are not goin anywhere... next combat phase BABOOM hes got nothing on you and you will win combat res... its sooooo funny , easy, and simple I love it... go teach his TK ass a lesson!!!

edit: I think he can only get 3 chariots in combat with a unit of 5 models in the front.... so you REEEEALLY shouldnt lose...if you lose I just might slap you ... lol
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    You need to kill his general. My first thought is to take a BLood Dragon, which would make pretty quick work of his general, but then you suffer in the magic phase. Still, you get the same dispel dice, which is what matters playing against TK. A Von Carstein with the crown of the damned would be a good choice, too.

With TK, it isn't the general that makes the army crumble. It is the heirophant, which is a bit of an advantage since liches are a hell of a lot easier to kill than vampires (your crumble point character, hopefully).

Just remember, he has a general as well and can use the general's leadership for crumble tests....

He will indeed need to win combat (ie. destroy your entire unit in one turn) or its going to be a stalemate with neither side killing anything but him crumbling from your ranks, possibly banner and outnumber. So get your unit numbers up as much as possible with Invocation before combat is joined and you should be ok.

Vampires with great weapons make short work of chariot units.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... and for people that dont knwo the strength of vamps... when you get in combat and kill his chariots hes like... wha..... uh.... hey..... what?!?! lol
    What you are we once were. What we are you will become!!!

+ Reply to Thread